Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

dealer now advising 45K valve clearances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grimo82
    • Feb 2015
    • Sth Coast NSW

dealer now advising 45K valve clearances?

had the chally (PC 14') in for the 60000 scheduled service today.

Was advised by the dealer on pick up that the valve clearances hadn't been done (haven't checked but think/assume its listed in the schedule) as Mitsubishi now advising 45k km intervals (instead of previously 30km) on challengers, tritons and pajeros - some decision that was backdated to 14' builds as they determined it wasnt needed?

So somewhat conveniently for them it is now due at the 75 000 service in 12months when its off fixed price servicing at the price of $1350 (incl service, or $850 ex)....>Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr! fyi fixed price was $590 annually.

is anyone aware of this - i cant remember getting a notification of change in schedule (too bad if i was having someone else service it), or come up against the same dealer advice?
  • BMN
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2010
    • Perth WA

Originally posted by Grimo82 View Post
    had the chally (PC 14') in for the 60000 scheduled service today.

Was advised by the dealer on pick up that the valve clearances hadn't been done (haven't checked but think/assume its listed in the schedule) as Mitsubishi now advising 45k km intervals (instead of previously 30km) on challengers, tritons and pajeros - some decision that was backdated to 14' builds as they determined it wasnt needed?

So somewhat conveniently for them it is now due at the 75 000 service in 12months when its off fixed price servicing at the price of $1350 (incl service, or $850 ex)....>Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr! fyi fixed price was $590 annually.

is anyone aware of this - i cant remember getting a notification of change in schedule (too bad if i was having someone else service it), or come up against the same dealer advice?
    Yes it did change, but IMO if your service book in the glovebox is the 30k interval version (ie due at 60k) then thats what you signed up for and should be honoured. Although i thought the PC lineup had the 75k valve clearance schedule ?
    2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• KevsChallenger
      • Sep 2017
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by BMN View Post
      Yes it did change, but IMO if your service book in the glovebox is the 30k interval version (ie due at 60k) then thats what you signed up for and should be honoured. Although i thought the PC lineup had the 75k valve clearance schedule ?

I'll check my book but im pretty sure my PC was valve clearance at 30k and then 75k. Audible check at 15,45 and 60k
      PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• KevsChallenger
        • Sep 2017
        • Melbourne

Ok just checked my book.

Audible 15 45 60 90 120 150 180 210
        Adjust 30 75 105 135 165 195

So seems apart from the one 45k gap the rest are 30k between adjustment
        PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• BMN
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • Perth WA

Originally posted by KevsChallenger View Post
          Ok just checked my book.

Audible 15 45 60 90 120 150 180 210
          Adjust 30 75 105 135 165 195

So seems apart from the one 45k gap the rest are 30k between adjustment
          Looks like they adjusted the book to just get out of the 60k capped. My 2010 book is Adjust 30 60 90 120 etc etc and no comment about Audible.
          2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Hmmm, the more expensive service got pushed just outside the capped price period. Coincidence?? Not on your life!!!!
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• BMN
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2010
              • Perth WA

Originally posted by Nab View Post
              Hmmm, the more expensive service got pushed just outside the capped price period. Coincidence?? Not on your life!!!!
              Some bean counter f$#%#$ up

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X