• Show
Clear All
  • Avan1950
    • Jan 2010
    • Canberra

Flat battery

Hi all
    Has anyone else found that the battery on NT Pajero
    goes flat very quickly if the keys are left in the ignition.
    No accessories are on and not in accessory position, just the key in the slot.

Is this normal

regards

Tony
  • Dazza.
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Northern Territory

Yep.

I've found the same... Quite a few times actually.
    COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• bushman
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • Wollondilly Shire NSW

Originally posted by Avan1950 View Post
      Hi all
      Has anyone else found that the battery on NT Pajero
      goes flat very quickly if the keys are left in the ignition.
      No accessories are on and not in accessory position, just the key in the slot.

Is this normal

regards

Tony

Nup, not in that situation at least, however i have killed my 3yr old battery twice in the start 6th mths.

1st time I had put the windows down to fit my tow mirrors and my Garmin SatNav was plugged in, I had left it on accessories so the SatNav was charging. It was enough to zap the battery, it wouldn't even jump start of my mates PJ with his engine running,
      NRMA was called who hooked it up to a large bank of batteries in his ute, flicked a switch to isolate his starter battery from the alternator, allowed it to sit for 5 minutes then cranked it over.

Second time only a few weeks ago, I stupidly played a CD while cleaning the car out only about 20 minutes.
      Again jump started by NRMA just using a portable power pack.

I'll be replacing the battery soon.
      09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
      2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
      2021 QF Pajero Sport
      ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
      LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• Sabre
        • Apr 2010
        • SE Qld

No problem with the keys left in the ignition, but absolutely rubbish if playing the radio on for half hour or so. Had to jump start it today after working on caravan lights problem today. Very disappointing.

Comment

• Jimbo2
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2012
          • Bendigo

Having the doors open while working on or near the car (eg going back and forward for tools) is a Battery Killer. I counted 10 lights inside my car that come on with the doors open, they will turn off after 1/2 an hour, but if the key is in the ignition they stay on. at 6 watt each thats a 5 amp drain, enough to completely drain the battery in 16 hours.
          Ok it takes a couple of days, but if you have a serious project its possible to completly drain the battery over 2 days, and I've done it twice.
          I'm not sure about the pajero, but my forrester would drain the battery overnight if left on accessories with everyhing switched off- these modern cars run a lot of stuff in the background!
          I'm installing a 2nd battery it happens too often and too easily.
          2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X