X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THT
    • Nov 2009
    • Sydney

I agreed, the MMCS is letting down the owner's experience of owning this great vehicle. Looking at the Pajero accessories catalog for the Japanese market it seems the Japanese are getting a lot of different options for the MMCS when it comes to purchasing their new Pajero - from page 24 onwards http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/p..._AC_100917.pdf

To get an idea of how much the Kenwood HU with part number MZ608904 cost, I Googled it and found

The highest price I have found for this unit is $113,400Yen which equal to ~ $1306.38AUD. However the menu language and mapping database wouldn't have been made for over sea uses.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• THT
      • Nov 2009
      • Sydney

On another note, as I had been converting a lot of my audio CD's to FLAC Lossless format, I was looking for a way to play these FLAC audio files through the MMCS and found that we can playback FLAC through the MMCS. This is possible by using a modify ipod with the RockBox firmware and so I head out to evil bay once again to buy a secondhand 64GB ipod for less than $350 and solved the USB connectivity issue.
      Don't forget to grab a 12V to 5V ipod adapter while you're on evil bay to keep your ipod battery charge through the MMCS.
      This work around will solve the USB connectivity issue with the MMCS and also support playback of FLAC and OggVorbis lossless audio files through the factory HU.

Description of the RockBox firmware supported features for the iPod 1st through 5.5th Generation, Color/Photo, Mini, Nano or Video http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/WhyRockbox
      Rockbox for the iPod models supports a large number of plugins, including games, applications, and "demos" - have some fun when you've got some free time to kill, open files with the text viewer, make use of the stopwatch, view some JPEG photos, perhaps watch a video or two, or turn your iPod into a desktop clock. Also enjoy On-The-Go playlist creation and adjustment, full file bookmarking support and much more.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!

Comment

• Odie
        • Oct 2009
        • Tassie

More MMCS Question

I have some sticky questions - Can anyone answer them.

MMCS Features:

1. Is there a way to activate some of the MMCS features found in the Exceed model in a VRX (i.e. would it be as simple as changing a background system settion or would it require a firmware flash) ?

Amplifier Connection:

1. The MMCS appears to have a 4ch x 30watt internal amplifier. What happens after a factory Rockford amp is connected to it. Does the internal amp continue to operate the front and rear speaker with the external amp operating the Sub and Centre Speakers.

2. From what I've read, the external amp may receive it's signal via a digital CANbus signal and/or SPDIF. Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket amp or a kit that will allow an aftermarked amp to connect to the MMCS (without connecting via the speaker wires)?

3. Subaru use a simmilar looking Kenwood manufactured MMCS with the same GPS software. I've found an aftermarket cable for that unit that provides pre-outs, a subwoofer out line and an amp power signal wire. It doesn't fit the Mitsubishi Unit. Does this mean that it would be possible to fabricate a Mitsubishi version of the cable?

I have an '09 VRX with an MMCS (without the Rockford Option). Any gems of wisdom appreciated.
        2009 Ironbark VRX DiD Auto. 3000kg tow bar.
        Modifications: Polyairs, MMCS Overide, Prodigy Brake Controller, DBA T3 Rotors/Factory Pads

Comment

• Odie
          • Oct 2009
          • Tassie

What I've found so far

I found this product which is designed to allow the factory rockford system integrate with a new head unit ( http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=6405 )

This is taken from that site:

"The Rockford Fosgate system uses a digital signal to turn on the
          amplifier. The MITO-01 supplies that digital signal to turn the
          amplifier on and also eliminates the COM ERROR message
          on the display when the OEM radio is removed.The radios
          speaker wires will provide the audio for the dash and rear
          speakers while the rca?s will provide the audio to the amplifier to
          power the door speakers and woofer.

FOR 2006 and NEWER cars with ROCKFORD FOSGATE SYSTEMS. This will retain the factory amps when using an aftermarket radio"

It appears that the Rockford amp powers the sub and four door speakers leaving the head unit to power the dash centre speaker and tailgate speakers. I guess this is a start.
          Modifications: Polyairs, MMCS Overide, Prodigy Brake Controller, DBA T3 Rotors/Factory Pads

Comment

• Odie
            • Oct 2009
            • Tassie

Recieved a reply from the Mitsubishi Motors Community Manager

Luke from Mitsubishi emailed me a couple of weeks ago with the following information.

"Hi Odie,

Luke here, Mitsubishi Motors' Community Manager. I was browsing the forum and came across your question, and have some official responses for you.

I've copied them in below your original entries.

MMCS Features:

1. Is there a way to activate some of the MMCS features found in the Exceed model in a VRX (i.e. would it be as simple as changing a background system setting or would it require a firmware flash) ?

You cannot activate/unlock the features in the MMCS. There is a disclaimer in the Pajero brochure which outlines the following information.
            When MMCS is fitted, USB input, 6 CD changer, and Bluetooth 2.0 wireless data transfer functionality is deleted. Navigation voice recognition commands replace Bluetooth voice recognition commands.

Amplifier Connection:

1. The MMCS appears to have a 4ch x 30watt internal amplifier. What happens after a factory Rockford amp is connected to it. Does the internal amp continue to operate the front and rear speaker with the external amp operating the Sub and Centre Speakers.

When the factory Rockford amp is connected it by passes the internal amp and all speakers are controlled by the Rockford amplifier.

2. From what I've read, the external amp may receive it's signal via a digital CANbus signal and/or SPDIF. Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket amp or a kit that will allow an aftermarket amp to connect to the MMCS (without connecting via the speaker wires)?

We are unable to comment on an aftermarket, non-genuine Mitsubishi product unfortunately.

3. Subaru use a similar looking Kenwood manufactured MMCS with the same GPS software. I've found an aftermarket cable for that unit that provides pre-outs, a subwoofer out line and an amp power signal wire. It doesn't fit the Mitsubishi Unit. Does this mean that it would be possible to fabricate a Mitsubishi version of the cable?

We respectfully advise that we cannot approve any of the modifications that you mention, however please be advised that while your vehicle can be modified as you so desire, we are obligated to advise that warranty may be denied should a concern arise as a result of the fitment of a non-genuine part or accessory or any modification to any Mitsubishi vehicle. Warranty would be denied on the affected component only.

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Luke
            Mitsubishi Motors Community Manager"

Thankyou Luke for taking the time to contact me.

Comment

• Simone
              • May 2011
              • Adelaide

No worries!

Originally posted by Odie View Post
              Luke from Mitsubishi emailed me a couple of weeks ago with the following information.

"Hi Odie,

Luke here, Mitsubishi Motors' Community Manager. I was browsing the forum and came across your question, and have some official responses for you.

I've copied them in below your original entries.

MMCS Features:

1. Is there a way to activate some of the MMCS features found in the Exceed model in a VRX (i.e. would it be as simple as changing a background system setting or would it require a firmware flash) ?

You cannot activate/unlock the features in the MMCS. There is a disclaimer in the Pajero brochure which outlines the following information.
              When MMCS is fitted, USB input, 6 CD changer, and Bluetooth 2.0 wireless data transfer functionality is deleted. Navigation voice recognition commands replace Bluetooth voice recognition commands.

Amplifier Connection:

When the factory Rockford amp is connected it by passes the internal amp and all speakers are controlled by the Rockford amplifier.

2. From what I've read, the external amp may receive it's signal via a digital CANbus signal and/or SPDIF. Does anyone out there know of an aftermarket amp or a kit that will allow an aftermarket amp to connect to the MMCS (without connecting via the speaker wires)?

We are unable to comment on an aftermarket, non-genuine Mitsubishi product unfortunately.

3. Subaru use a similar looking Kenwood manufactured MMCS with the same GPS software. I've found an aftermarket cable for that unit that provides pre-outs, a subwoofer out line and an amp power signal wire. It doesn't fit the Mitsubishi Unit. Does this mean that it would be possible to fabricate a Mitsubishi version of the cable?

We respectfully advise that we cannot approve any of the modifications that you mention, however please be advised that while your vehicle can be modified as you so desire, we are obligated to advise that warranty may be denied should a concern arise as a result of the fitment of a non-genuine part or accessory or any modification to any Mitsubishi vehicle. Warranty would be denied on the affected component only.

I hope this helps - if you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks

Luke
              Mitsubishi Motors Community Manager"

Thankyou Luke for taking the time to contact me.
              I'm the Community Manager for Mitsubishi Motors Australia - the one who posts on Facebook, YouTube, blogs and forums!

Join our Facebook community: www.facebook.com/MitsubishiMotorsAustralia
              Check us out on YouTube: www.youtube.com/MitsubishiMotorsAu
              Or visit our official website: www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au

Comment

• dags260
                • Apr 2011
                • south aust

anyone able to help me out please...
                ages ago i fitted a 2nd hand MMCS out of a 2010 NT activ into my 2009 GLS. all workgin fine including the nav side dvd polaying etc but didnt have any hands free stuff. i found the steering wheel out of the car that the mmcs was in and it had hands free controls on it. plug them in but cant manage to turn bluetooth on so my phone can find it. looked in the manual and it says push the phone icon on the mmcs display, i dont have aphone icon!?! do i have to take it to MMA to have this side switched back on or is there a trick or something simple i missing.
                thanks for all your help

Comment

• Odie
                  • Oct 2009
                  • Tassie

I'm no expert but - does your car actually have a microphone in it?

I have an '09 VRX with MMCS and the microphone is a separate unit attached to the right top corner of the windscreen. I think it moved to the interior light assembly on the '10 models.

The MMCS seems to be 'plug and play' like home computers. It sounds like there is no microphone plugged into the unit so it's not recognising the phone function.

Take a look at the installation instructions for the MMCS override kit on the resourcit website. The guide has a photo of the wiring coming out of the MMCS. You can check this against your wiring and see if a plug is missing.

Does anyone else on this forum know where the microphone harness connection is to be found on the NS models and pre '10 NT's?

Comment

• dstevenson
                    • Jan 2012
                    • Adelaide

Speech Recognition MMCS without steering wheel buttons

I have a '08 25th ani. ed. with MMCS.

I don't have the buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel for speech recognition. Do I need these buttons? or is there another button on the system I can use?

Do I need to get these buttons installed?? anyone had this done?

Cheers

Comment

• dstevenson
                      • Jan 2012
                      • Adelaide

No Compass display with MMCS

I have a 08 25th ani. ed. pajie. with MMCS.. I don't have the compass display in the info display above the MMCS. Is this right?? I would still like to have it, but I don't seem to.

I would be interested to hear if people have thought the same.???

Comment

• grobinson
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by dstevenson View Post
                        I have a '08 25th ani. ed. with MMCS.

I don't have the buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel for speech recognition. Do I need these buttons? or is there another button on the system I can use?

Do I need to get these buttons installed?? anyone had this done?

Cheers
                        There's a thread here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9464 where RJOther details what's needed. It's just a few resistors and switches.

I'm disappointed that, considering the price I paid for the MMCS, if they spent just a few dollars more Mitsubishi could have made the voice commands available on that model and my '09 model.

Cheers,
                        Grant

Comment

• cyclopsoz
                          • Jan 2011
                          • Albury NSW

Wtf????

Ive been sitting in my brand new Platinum paj for 2 hours trying to get the voice recog on the MMCS working. It works ok on nav but am I dumb or am I reading correctly that Voice Recog will not work on my blue tooth iphone through MMCS?

I didn't buy the NW just to get voice recog on the phone and nav, but it was one of the things I considered that decided me on buying a new paj.

Mr Mitsu I think you are getting a bit tricky with your customers if that is the case. I feel ripped off.
                          Please tell me I'm wrong

pete

Comment

• jhsg
                            • Oct 2011
                            • ACT

Originally posted by cyclopsoz View Post
                            Ive been sitting in my brand new Platinum paj for 2 hours trying to get the voice recog on the MMCS working. It works ok on nav but am I dumb or am I reading correctly that Voice Recog will not work on my blue tooth iphone through MMCS?

I didn't buy the NW just to get voice recog on the phone and nav, but it was one of the things I considered that decided me on buying a new paj.

Mr Mitsu I think you are getting a bit tricky with your customers if that is the case. I feel ripped off.
                            Please tell me I'm wrong

pete
                            No mate, unfortunately that is the case. The MMCS is garbage!

Comment

• Pdougie
                              • Apr 2012
                              • Boronia

MMCS Voice Commands

Please see attached a Word file with the voice commands. This has been copied from the ASX Manual. I've very slightly modfied the wording of the descriptions of what each command does, but the commands are identical to what is in the manual.

I wrote it as an Excel file, but I couldn't upload that, so I cut and pasted into a Word file.

Get back to me if you would like to have the Excel file.

[email protected]

Originally posted by mil098 View Post
                              Hi Guys,

Is there any chance one of you could put up a list of voice commands for the mmcs?
                              I've searched the net and cannot find a list.
                              I've downloaded a manual but it's for a yank model and that doesn't list voice commands either.

While I'm pushing my luck

Does anyone have the MMCS manual in electronic format so I may have a read?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Doug

The list of voice commands is listed on post #9 on the first page of this thread.

Like I said, thanks for the effort.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X