Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Trekking around Oz

Trekking around Oz Where have you been? Where are you going? Report your trip.

Old 20-12-19
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Thanks guys. All the best for Christmas to you and yours. It's as good as Esperance down there I reckon. Next episode we head out to House beach and Pt Ann too, although we never made Reef beach. The wind sure gave me some drama's with the drone, but I got enough footage to live with.

On another note, I saw a mavic mini in action a couple of weeks back. Boy, that thing is so light. The owner flew it out a couple of hundred meters away and couldn't get it back against the wind. He got there eventually, after having to drop to 10m in height, but it showed me, light isn't always good. I don't think the mini is a good option for WA conditions after seeing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Your drone footage is improving with each take .. Now I am starting to learn from you ...

Awwww, shucks.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Great footage!
Stream beach is one of my favourite beaches of all time, and yep the sand can be soft! What was the track out like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnandcass View Post
Great footage!
Stream beach is one of my favourite beaches of all time, and yep the sand can be soft! What was the track out like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the whole, pretty good. One section near the top wallowed out quite a bit: coming up in part II. A magnificent spot indeed.

Cheers.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Hi Shane,

I have looked a the snatch recovery several times and there doesn't seem to be much stretch in the snatch strap that is being used hence the hard tug on your Pajero and the DMax bogging down, a good strap should have at least 20% stretch.
Strap also looks to be very thick so is it an 11,000 kg strap rather than a 8,000 kg strap?

Really enjoying the drone footage

OJ.
You are correct OJ, I checked last weekend, its an 11,000Kg strap. My others are 8,000Kg.

Anyways, the trip continues with some wildlife interactions:

https://youtu.be/zX-9YGxnamA

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bellied at Bremer

Great footage Shane, braver than me with the legless wildlife . Good to see the sun come out and allow you to show the colours, we're just lucky we are blessed with such beautiful places.
House beach to Pt Ann, or is it Anne, on the beach - now we can try it with confidence next time we are down that way. It is great on those beaches, especially with the low traffic levels.
How soon for Part 3 ?
Cheers
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1533rl View Post
Great footage Shane, braver than me with the legless wildlife . Good to see the sun come out and allow you to show the colours, we're just lucky we are blessed with such beautiful places.
House beach to Pt Ann, or is it Anne, on the beach - now we can try it with confidence next time we are down that way. It is great on those beaches, especially with the low traffic levels.
How soon for Part 3 ?
Cheers
Peter
I love legless wildlife......

part 3 will go live on the 21st.

The final - part 4 goes live Feb 2.

Yep, that beach was pretty easy to drive to be honest. I couldn't get TC to lock in 4H and tranny temps went ballistic. I changed to 4L, got the converter to lock and all was good. Speeds up to 60Km/h max but averaging 40Km/h.

As of yesterday, my future trips will be in a D-Max. It's a bit of a bunky but should do the job. I just don't have the room in the Paj for my trips away. I will be keeping the Paj for camper towing duties though.

NX build

My Journeys
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Bellied at Bremer

I just don't have the room in the Paj

Wow, must be the pie warmer and that huge drone you take now, - or you could just take less beer !

Looking forward to part 3.

Cheers
Peter
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1533rl View Post
I just don't have the room in the Paj

Wow, must be the pie warmer and that huge drone you take now, - or you could just take less beer !

Looking forward to part 3.

Cheers
Peter
Now I will have somewhere to park the Travel Buddy

I bought a bigger fridge on Saturday too for more beer....hic

NX build

My Journeys