• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BaronVonChickenPants
    • Aug 2016
    • Shoalhaven, NSW

Yeahoo 10 inch Android Headunit install

Thanks to the information on this forum and a reasonable amount of bumble fluffery I have successfully installed the Yeahoo YH618 headunit with full functionality, replacing the factory MMCS in my 2013 NW Pajero. https://banggood.app.link/K8LQlMA3b2

The unit far exceeds all expectations and I would gladly recommend the unit or the matchin 7" which actually would fit 2 DIN.

I purchased the Aepro APP0113 adaptor and the Stinger AX-MITSUCAM-6V https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AX-MITSUCAM-6V

If you wanted to increase your level of bumble fluffery you could get away with only a $4 buck converter to feed 6.6V to the factory camera, I took short cuts.

First lesson: 10" is NOT 2 DIN, it does just fit in the center console without fowling on any controls.

Mounting used the some 16mm ducting and screws from clipsal wall plate into the mounting holes on the Yeahoo, it actually worked surprisingly well.

The Stinger camera adapter is a 2 way unit, it allows you to connect an aftermarket camera to a factory MMCS head unit or aftermarket headunit to the factory camera, I cut off the MMCS end to save space.

The rest of the Fabri-cobbling was mostly match the colours and follow the instructions on the camera adapter, I needed to connect the read wire to the head unit's reverse wire to trigger the display with reverse select.

Steering wheel controls are Pin 2 and 12 on the 20 pin connector, these are not pinned on the APP0113 adaptor. Pin 12 (white with black trace) was connected to chassis GND, pin 2 (white with red trace) was connected to head unit Key 1 wire via a bullet connector so I can disconnect of required.

The Toque app is connected via bluetooth to this ELM327 OBD2 II Dongle: https://banggood.app.link/ltAAdoc8b2

It paired and just worked without issue.

The only issue I have found so far after using the head unit for all of 1 day in a row, the inbuilt microphone is very quite, as yet I haven't found the gain settings.
    Last edited by BaronVonChickenPants; 07-12-19, 09:32 PM. Reason: Changed Yeahoo to Yuehoo
  • nidstein
    • Dec 2016
    • Hunter Valley

Camera Wiring

Hey mate, looks like I have bought a very similar camera unit but mine is Aepro, it isn't a straight plug in and I need to cut the plug of and wire into the camera, just wondering if you recall the wire colours for the camera at all?

Comment

• Herman4x4
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Melton, Victoria

Looks good. Like the 10" screen too. Might have to look into these.
      Cheers,
      Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
      Cheers,
      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Herman4x4
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2009
        • Melton, Victoria

Howdy,
        A question, what's the 16mm ducting? How does the unit for in, clip in with the ducting, or is that to stabilise it a bit?
        Thanks,
        Andrew

Cheers,
        Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
        Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• BaronVonChickenPants
          • Aug 2016
          • Shoalhaven, NSW

Originally posted by nidstein View Post
          Hey mate, looks like I have bought a very similar camera unit but mine is Aepro, it isn't a straight plug in and I need to cut the plug of and wire into the camera, just wondering if you recall the wire colours for the camera at all?
          Sorry, I didn't take note of the colours as it wasn't needed with the plug and go option, I do remember reading of people who traced the colours and made their own adaptors so the information is out there.

Originally posted by Herman4x4 View Post
          Howdy,
          A question, what's the 16mm ducting? How does the unit for in, clip in with the ducting, or is that to stabilise it a bit?
          The white plastic 16mm ducting can be seen in the picture showing the back of the unit. The unit comes with no mounting brakets and does not fit in the 2DIN hole. I used the ducting to sandwich the Pajero surround to hold the screen in place. any plastic/metal/wood would do.

8 months later I am still reasonably happy with it, though it's not without it's quirks. The darkest setting is not dark enough for night driving. I run FCC launcher and use ScreenFilter app to overlay a dark mask which makes it workable. And sometimes it has a brain fart and dumps all of it's programmed radio stations.

If I did it again I would go with the 7 inch screen but otherwise it's probably still the best value sub $200 head unit I could find.

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

Thanks for the reply. Ill have a look at the 7" i think.
            Cheers,
            Andrew

Cheers,
            Andrew.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• artymr2
              • Jul 2020
              • WA

Looks like a great unit. With this being an android unit, do you know if one of these adaptors works with it to provide apply carplay and android auto?

I think the floating large screen looks great, looks very modern.

Cheers

Comment

• BaronVonChickenPants
                • Aug 2016
                • Shoalhaven, NSW

Originally posted by artymr2 View Post
                Looks like a great unit. With this being an android unit, do you know if one of these adaptors works with it to provide apply carplay and android auto?

I think the floating large screen looks great, looks very modern.

Cheers
                Interesting unit, it looks like it should work, the built in screen mirroring is not worth the trouble.

I wonder if there is a wireless version.

Comment

• artymr2
                  • Jul 2020
                  • WA

The Apple CarPlay and android auto stuff works great, I’ve got it in another car.

Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X