• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoom
    • Apr 2017
    • Sydney

Driving lights + light bar

My Pajero is on the boat and will arrive in 2 weeks all going well .This time around 4th Pajero I decided on a OEM nudge bar instead of bullbar as my off road days are over . We will be pulling a small van . Question what driving lights/light bar or both should I fit to the bar ? And the best part I don't have a budget Are ARB Intencity as good as ppl say ?
  • Wazza430
    • Jul 2015
    • Port Pirie S.A.

Congrats on your purchase. My choice was a lightbar as I originally had a factory bullbar. I got a 18 inch Great White lightbar and it has exceeded my expectations. I was also going to install a set of 7 inch HID but no need for them. Great Australian company with great warranty.
    MY15 GLS NX Pajero, ARB Deluxe bar, AE4705 GME Antenna, Uniden 8060S, SPV EGR block, Donaldsonl fuel filter, Front tinted windows, Monroe shocks, King Springs,HPD catch can, 9" dominator driving lights.

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
      • Dec 2015
      • Adelaide

If you get led spots, you can slightly angle them to the sides to nail the deadspots out left and right.
      This is where the roos tend to come from unexpectedly.

If you get a light bar, consider getting a curved one, as they do get out into that area better.
      I went with Stedi 42" 240w, a little dearer than the ebay of cheap sellers around, but still reasonable (for a quality product) at $200.

There are plenty of others there not as large in the range.

Just noticed new tech coming through, running 15w rearward facing leds, supposedly very efficient.

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• Sparky3975
        • Apr 2017
        • Botanic Ridge, Vic

Hi,

I just installed a 24" (120 Watt) Stedi light bar on my NP this week. Gave them a bit of a run tonight while driving down a dark street. Initial impression... absolutely outstanding. The spot/flood combo do a great job and as they come with everything you need to install them, not to mention a very reasonable cost ($179 delivered). I will be interested to see how they are in the bush or open road.

Definitely worth having a look at them.
        2005 NP Pajero Exceed DiD: Airtec snorkel, iDrive, Nudge bar with 24" Stedi light bar, Redarc's Ultimate Dual Battery setup, ARB dual battery tray, 2" MD King/Bilstein suspension combo, Provent 200 catch can pro, Bridgestone D697 A/T's, Front/Rear DBA Slotted disc rotors, Boo's bashplates.

Comment

• zoom
          • Apr 2017
          • Sydney

After a lot googling and asking the experts at the table of knowledge I have settled on 2 FYRLYT 9000 NEMESIS """The most powerful driving light on the planet "" . They will be fitted next week and going by the experts I should be able to cook cheese on toast at 100meters

Comment

• swpearce
            • Sep 2016
            • Mornington Peninsula

Nice looking light with a hefty price tag. I am guessing a second battery will be installed next, just in case.
            MY16 NX Pajero GLS / MM tow bar, Redarc tow pro elite, nudge bar, 20 inch led bar light, MT Baja STZ, Kings awning, Firestone airbags, Crispmods egr mod.

Comment

• WhipIt
              • Jan 2017
              • Lower Hunter Valley NSW

Originally posted by zoom View Post
              After a lot googling and asking the experts at the table of knowledge I have settled on 2 FYRLYT 9000 NEMESIS """The most powerful driving light on the planet "" . They will be fitted next week and going by the experts I should be able to cook cheese on toast at 100meters
              I've just fitted the Nemesis myself on the NX and couldn't be happier. Certainly well under the price of premium LED lights and the output is fantastic. I picked mine up for $900. Easy and cheap to repair or rebuild, locally manufactured which I really liked and for me personally the yellow light is far less tiring on long drives.

They do get bloody hot though so watch the fingers when you're out on a lonely road setting them up. Apparently its easy to burn your palms moving the lights around
              MY17 NX Pajero GLX - TJM Outback Bullbar, Bushskinz Underbody and sliders, Dual Batteries, FyrLyt Nemesis 9000 Driving Lights, Rhino Pioneer, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Recaro drivers seat, Uniden 8080, GME Aerial, Homemade drawers, Primus 74L Fridge, iDrive Throttle controller, Munji EGR, 275/70R17 BFG KO2's, CSA Krawla 17x8's, Tints, 2" Lovells lift,

Comment

• MiteeWidge
                • Mar 2014
                • Townsville

Stedi 28'' STK Ligtbar.

Early days yet but this is a very impressive light for the money. Mounted underneath two halogen Lightforce 170's and it is difficult to discern even where they shine once the light bar is on. If they turn out to be reliable as well I can't see anything coming close to them for the price.
                2011 Challenger 30th Anniversary Manual , OEM nudge bar , GME 3100 UHF , seat spacers , OEM tow bar , Rydge Ryder Awning , Dueler 265/65/17's , Munji egr , Ultragauge , ABR Sidewinder Flyer dual battery box , TJM Gold 4000 suspension , Plazmaman Intercooler hoses , Stedi ST4K 28'' light bar , 2 Stedi 7'' Type X , Pedders 5899 cones , Provent 200 catch can .

Comment

• zoom
                  • Apr 2017
                  • Sydney

Not been rude but why is almost everything on this forum price driven not quality driven ? $65000 truck and $ 1/65th for driving lights for when Im on a long drive into the bush for the next 5 years isn't unreasonable is it ??

Comment

• DrewXT
                    • Mar 2014
                    • Melbourne

The ARB, Lightforce, etc big name lights, you pay a LOT for their marketing.

We're a Stedi dealer, having sold other brands in the past, because we believe they are a great value for money accessories, and the owner is great to work with.

The other thing with ARB/Lightforce, etc odd they are so damn expensive. Do you really want someone to decide they like your $1200 light bar or $1600 dry of lights more than you do?

Crims know what they're stealing as a general rule, and they only steal name brand gear. I've had a set of early Stedi lights on my truck for 3 years, I park on the street, add the lights are still there.

Neighbour up the road, parks in his driveway, and went through 4 pairs of Intensities before getting Stedi X-Styles, and 1. They are still on his car, 2. He's happier with them then he was the Intensities because they project a better light to drive with...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by MiteeWidge View Post
                      Early days yet but this is a very impressive light for the money. Mounted underneath two halogen Lightforce 170's and it is difficult to discern even where they shine once the light bar is on. If they turn out to be reliable as well I can't see anything coming close to them for the price.
                      This does not surprise me as the stats on the new STK Stedi lightbar are impressive. Not the cheapest or the dearest by a long shot either way but they seem very good quality and value from those that have tried them.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jackhays
                        • May 2013
                        • Adelaide

I have just ordered the Stedi 28" ST4K so I will post my impressions after they are fitted.
                        MY16 NX GLX, MM towbar and lift kit, HPD Catch Can, EGR mod, Bushskinz, ECB Alloy BullBar, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm, Bridgestone AT697

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X