X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lakey
    • Apr 2012
    • Brisbane

Just a sharp blade to carve the existing slot wider about a mm each side. When I tried to push it on originally it left a couple of marks at the right locations.
    Cheers
    Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• munn
      • Mar 2018
      • Northern Territory

Thanks will let you know how I go
      ARB Deluxe bar, Boo's bash plates Tinted windows, Toyo Open country AT2, Kings Dominatorx 9'' spotlights and 20'' slimline lightbar, gme uhf and working on other stuff.

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

The high beam supply should only be power to energize the relay coil so should only draw mere milli amps.
        Is the correct size fuse in the high beam fuse holder?
        If so I'd say the harness is wired wrong. You may have to remove the harness conduit and check out exactly how it is wired up. The wire from the high beam plug +ve should go to one side of the cabin switch then from the other side of the switch to pin 86 on the relay. Pin 85 should have a wire going to earth. Pin 30 should go to a fuse rated for the spot lights and then on to the battery +ve. Pin 87 should go to the +ve wires on the spot lights. - ve wire on the spot lights obviously goes to earth.
        If this is not the case then let us know how the harness is wired.
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Lakey
          • Apr 2012
          • Brisbane

On line instructions say the kit has and shows both a HB3/9005 connector or an alternative H4 (older style 3 blade rectangular insulated fitting).

The Challenger Manual says HB3 also.

So theoretically should just plug in however the connector that has come with it definitely does not fit the original light fitting, having as I described earlier a single narrow slot more like the H9 rather than the double slot of the HB3. So while my mod to the fitting may have allowed it to fit, as NWD has said perhaps it's shorting out when pushed in.

I'm going to get a Narva HB3 fitting on the weekend then rewire checking the connections as per Hatto directions (Ta for that).

Munn, hope yours works first up. At least I'm not far from the shop here in Brisbane and I'll say to their credit there was no hassle when I took the original harness back.
          Attached Files
          Cheers
          Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• munn
            • Mar 2018
            • Northern Territory

Hi, installed lights today, had same issue with headlight adapter, had to cut it a littl with Stanley knife, no issues otherwise, took me and my sparky mate 4 hours to install this wiring and my UHF, no issues with blowing fuses as of yet tho, but sparky mate has had issues with these harnesses before, only prob we had was everything was all wired up, turned on spotlights and nothing, turned out I had the white wire on the switch on the wrong connector, ( my fault) still yet to test these lights when its dark, BTW these lights fit with plenty of room, thanks for the input everyone
            ARB Deluxe bar, Boo's bash plates Tinted windows, Toyo Open country AT2, Kings Dominatorx 9'' spotlights and 20'' slimline lightbar, gme uhf and working on other stuff.

Comment

• Lakey
              • Apr 2012
              • Brisbane

Glad to hear it's worked okay. Still playing with mine.
              Cheers
              Lakey

Comment

• munn
                • Mar 2018
                • Northern Territory

Wondering where to get a switch for the spotlights as the one that came with the lights and others I have looked at are too big to fit in the blank next to the diff lock, as I find this the best spot for me, any ideas

Comment

• Lakey
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by munn View Post
                  Wondering where to get a switch for the spotlights as the one that came with the lights and others I have looked at are too big to fit in the blank next to the diff lock, as I find this the best spot for me, any ideas
                  Both Stedi and Lightforce do switches to match the Mitsubishi cut out. I just bought Lightforce one at Autotrend for abt $20. Online, for a bit more you can do a customised symbol and text. Both companies do online.
                  Cheers
                  Lakey

Comment

• munn
                    • Mar 2018
                    • Northern Territory

Thanks again everyone, all sorted now. Only thing I can complain about is that I kinda would prefer a rocker switch rather than a push in out switch, but I will get used to it.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by munn View Post
                      Old jack, yeah I was thinking about the 7s but kinda thort bigger better
                      I’ve had both 7” and 9” kings on my car.
                      7” give a wider floodlight, and the 9” give more punch straight down the road.
                      I changed to the 9” after driving at 90 kph and emergency braking and stopped just < 1m before a herd of cattle. The cow then dropped a pile of dung in front of me...and I knew exactly how he felt

After having both I prefer the 9”
                      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X