• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skwiz05
    • Aug 2012
    • Darwin

Hema HX-1 or other options?

I went looking today for a Hema GPS unit (Im in Darwin) and ARB told me they are not allowed to sell the NX-1 in Darwin as there has been too many that overheat and fail or shut down with the heat of the sun up here! I was told Hema ae working on a solution....
    But over at TJM, only too happy to sell me one but knew nothing of said issues.
    So, what have people noticed about their HX-1? Any issues to note?
    Any other good options to consider as an alternative?
    Just looking to spend my tax return.......
    2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers
  • Merts
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2011
    • Bendigo Vic

Hema 4WD Maps and/or Hema Navigator apps, running on an iPad.

Note: The iPad needs to be the full cellular network capable version, not the WIFI one, as you need the GPS capability.
    Merts
    Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
    Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

We did Melbourne to FNQ in May and one of the cars had the HX1 with no issues, although it wasn't the hot season. I prefer Ozi Explorer on a tablet and use a Samsung Tab-A which I've also got Torque installed on. Ozi is a great program, lots cheaper than buying a Hema and I just switched screens when i wanted to check the Torque app.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• DrewXT
        • Mar 2014
        • Melbourne

Can currently pick up an HX-1 on eBay for about $479 using the 18% discount code PICNIC18

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• johndavis125262
          • Apr 2013
          • brisbane

hi i got a vms from supa centre i umm and arrr at first brought it as i had a lot of hema maps i converted to ozi put them on compared vms with hema maps all good not looking back regards john

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
            • Aug 2016
            • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
            We did Melbourne to FNQ in May and one of the cars had the HX1 with no issues, although it wasn't the hot season. I prefer Ozi Explorer on a tablet and use a Samsung Tab-A which I've also got Torque installed on. Ozi is a great program, lots cheaper than buying a Hema and I just switched screens when i wanted to check the Torque app.

Is this the ozi explorer?

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by RoJo Pajero View Post

Try this

i,D GO FOR THE hn1 MODEL. i BELIEVE THE hx DOESNT ALLOW CUSTOM MAPS...MAY BE BEST TO CHECK THIS OUT BY READING REVIEWS.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
                Valued Member
                • May 2015
                • Melbourne

You can download the trial version of Ozi Explorer free. Give it a try and see what you think.
                2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• NTPeach
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                  Hema 4WD Maps and/or Hema Navigator apps, running on an iPad.

Note: The iPad needs to be the full cellular network capable version, not the WIFI one, as you need the GPS capability.
                  You can also pair them with a Badelf gps for the same result.

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                    Try this

i,D GO FOR THE hn1 MODEL. i BELIEVE THE hx DOESNT ALLOW CUSTOM MAPS...MAY BE BEST TO CHECK THIS OUT BY READING REVIEWS.
                    Thanks, had a quick look. Correct me if I am wrong but you get the app for free but have to pay for the maps?
                    $100-$200

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

You have to pay for the app to use all the functions and it doesn't come with any maps. You can buy them or scan your own hard copies in to files, which I haven't done. I mainly use the 250k Australia map which covers everywhere quite well but also bought one for Victoria in 100k for $19 from the Ozi website.

You can download the free converter from Ozi as well, which converts most digital images to Ozi format.
                      Last edited by Ian H; 23-09-17, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Brownie
                        • Nov 2008
                        • Brisbane

Had a hema hx1 last Christmas. It was really really good when it worked.........but it did not like the heat sitting on the dash. It would get stuck in its boot cycle, and not start. To fix it, all that was required was to unclip it from its mount, and hold it over an air con vent for 5 minutes, and then it would start working. We returned it to hema, and they claimed to fix it, but it was no better. Hema gave us our money back no problems. I am looking forward to when the heat issue has been fixed, and would buy another one.
                        Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
                        Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Poita
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Adelaide

Dad has the latest Hema, I have Oziexplorer on a Android tablet. Oziexplorer is so much easier to use and more powerful in my opinion once you learn how to customise it. This combined with wikicamps is an awesome combination and has allowed us to find some magic spots.
                          NW VRX MY2013
                          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                            You have to pay for the app to use all the functions and it doesn't come with any maps. You can buy them or scan your own hard copies in to files, which I haven't done. I mainly use the 250k Australia map which covers everywhere quite well but also bought one for Victoria in 100k for $19 from the Ozi website.

You can download the free converter from Ozi as well, which converts most digital images to Ozi format.
                            Yeah, $19 is ok but I baulk at forking out over$100.
                            I will look into it further thanks

Comment

• skwiz05
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Darwin

Update:

Got the HX-1 from another source cheaper, and Im using floor mounted Ram Mount stalk and 7/8 inch tablet X-grip to hold the navigator which sits right in front of the aircon duct. (no hot dash mount issue).
                              Problem solved.

Was already running Hema 4wd maps and Explorer on Ipad, just wanted the change......... The NX GLX no longer has a street map navigator, but HX-1 has both Street and Offroad....
                              2017 NX Pajero GLX, Ironman Foam Cell shocks and Springs, PolyAirBags, Yokohama G)15s , LightForce 170's (MM OE), Uniden UHF and HF, MM Roofbars, RhinoRack Cage, Rhino Shovel Mounts and SS Ratchet Ties, MM TowBar,Redarc RH Brake Controller, BushSkinz, Dual Batt-Redarc BCDC1220Ign, Safari Snorkel, Waeco and 2 Custom Power runs to rear, UV Tinting, Internal and Paint protection, MSA Seat Organisers, MM BootLiner, DashMat and Weathershields,MM Neoprene seat covers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X