• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTN-KAT
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Gold Coast

New Petrol Chainsaw $89.00!

If you want one see Mitre 10 online catalogue but don't order online. Just go into store pay cash or card. But don't pay the floor sale price of $98.00 (were $129.99). They will honor online price of $89.00. It's a ROSS 38cc 16" oregon 91 chain and bar. Comes with chain cover and file to sharpen chain. 12 month warranty. Son in law got one months ago and I have used it. Very good and light to use. We cut heaps of wood with it. Chinese spark plug not much chop so change to NGK and you can't stop it. I bought one for $89.00 the other day. Bunneys have just offered an Ozito with same specs (almost identical machine) for double the price!! So be quick as Mitre 10 sale ends 28th July.
    99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.
  • dmr292
    • Jan 2012
    • Toowoomba

Bunnings in Toowoomba here have the Ozito for $99. I got one about 2.5yrs ago. Best little chainsaw ever
    2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

• MTN-KAT
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2009
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by dmr292 View Post
      Bunnings in Toowoomba here have the Ozito for $99. I got one about 2.5yrs ago. Best little chainsaw ever
      I had considered that Ozito BUT it really is a toy compared to the ROSS for $10 less. Bunneys have that Ozito here too for $99.00 BUT it's ONLY 25cc with a 12" chain compared to the ROSS 38cc with a 16" chain! Go online and compare and you will see. We cut a lot of 12" thick fallen gum trees for firewood with ease. The 12" Ozito would struggle to do that. In fact the ROSS 16" would cut a 24" tree, coming in from both sides whereas the 12" Ozito will not. Why go the smallest and pay more for it?
      99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

It appears bunnings now have 2 ozitos. The cheapy 25cc 300mm bar for $89 or $99, and a larger 38cc 400mm bar for $135. At my local at least.

I've had the cheapy for about 3 years and only problem has been a split fuel hose and you know it's cheap by the feel of it. But cuts great and has taken everything I've thrown at it. Would like to see this Ross though to compare
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

I don't know if it's just me, but I'd be a little apprehensive about trusting the build quality of a chinese made chainsaw.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• dmr292
            • Jan 2012
            • Toowoomba

My ozito has cut heaps of stuff in the 3yrs i have owned it. Because it is so light you can prune 1 handed on a ladder easily and safely. I have also chopped down a poinciana tree that fell in our back yard that had a diameter of 450mm. Cut it like butter with the old hot knife.
            Not all chinese stuff is crap and have only expected what i paid for it. Been quite impressed by what it has done. Starts first or second pull every time. Cant ask for better.
            2000 NM Pajero GLS, ECB Bullbar, Sidesteps, Spotties, Goodyear Wranglers, Pro Rack Racks, Ebay Snorkel, K & N Air Filter, ebay awning, ebay bash plates, extractors with 2 & 1/2 system, uhf (to be fitted)

Comment

• MTN-KAT
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Gold Coast

I'm with you dmr. Nothing wrong with Chinese gear. Just discern if appropriate for intended use and treat accordingly. Ozito is Chinese. Some McCullough chainsaws are made in Mexico? I also have a Sanli 25cc weedwacker and it has been solidly used, maintaining two properties for 3 years now. That's equal to 6 years for one home and has never let me down. Paid $110 for it. Could have paid 3 times that for a "quality name" weedwacker and been no better off! How can you go wrong buying from a local store and getting a 12 month warranty? craka may not know there is Chinese (or is it Mexico?) made gear in new Pajero. Also found in aftermarket gear. Read on here about ARB lockers. I believe it's international law under the Lima Agreement. No referendum BTW. That's the underlying reason why our industries (and other first world countries industries) have gone o/s. Cheers.
              Last edited by MTN-KAT; 26-07-13, 09:12 PM.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

I was not talking from a how long it will last perspective. Just as far as common tools go chainsaws IMO are probably the most dangerous of all, and I don't think I'd feel comfortable using a chinese made tool such as that (and yes I do own other tool which are chinese made). My opinion only.
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• chriso of penrith
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2013
                  • emu plains

38 cc. Waste of time. Wouldnt have the balls to cut a real log.
                  Get at least a 50 cc.
                  For a cheapo for the tight arss, aldi have a good one for $200. Ive had a still. Jonsered. Husky. And the adli is is up there for the price. Worth the the money but if ur serious then buy a good brand.

Comment

• MTN-KAT
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Gold Coast

Originally posted by chriso of penrith View Post
                    38 cc. Waste of time. Wouldnt have the balls to cut a real log.
                    Get at least a 50 cc.
                    For a cheapo for the tight arss, aldi have a good one for $200. Ive had a still. Jonsered. Husky. And the adli is is up there for the price. Worth the the money but if ur serious then buy a good brand.
                    Hi chriso, At least 50cc?? So a 24" gum tree is not a real log? Hmm. How many could even pick up a 24" log to take to the camp fire? For most 4wd/camping purposes it is overkill to go 50cc when it only gets used infrequently. Besides the weight of a 50cc chainsaw gets harder to handle. But I agree if one needs a chainsaw for commercial purposes or constant use then spending big and going brand name is justified and often can be written off on the ITR. But for those of us who can't pass it on then cost for purpose comes into the equation. The 38cc with 16" chain is very capable and no waste of time.

NOTE: just looked at Aldi chainsaw (Gardenline) you mentioned. It's same saw as ROSS ie 38cc with 16" chain! You say $200? Why pay that much when you can go to MITRE 10 and pay just $89??
                    Last edited by MTN-KAT; 27-07-13, 04:25 AM.

Comment

• MTN-KAT
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by craka View Post
                      I was not talking from a how long it will last perspective. Just as far as common tools go chainsaws IMO are probably the most dangerous of all, and I don't think I'd feel comfortable using a chinese made tool such as that (and yes I do own other tool which are chinese made). My opinion only.
                      Understood. From a safety aspect (and your dead right) the ROSS and Ozito do use the Oregon bar and chain (USA standard/tested approved) so it's safe and really this is the only part that can cause injury. Very important. Thanks for bringing this up. Cheers.

Comment

• chriso of penrith
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2013
                        • emu plains

Originally posted by MTN-KAT View Post
                        Hi chriso, At least 50cc?? So a 24" gum tree is not a real log? Hmm. How many could even pick up a 24" log to take to the camp fire? For most 4wd/camping purposes it is overkill to go 50cc when it only gets used infrequently. Besides the weight of a 50cc chainsaw gets harder to handle. But I agree if one needs a chainsaw for commercial purposes or constant use then spending big and going brand name is justified and often can be written off on the ITR. But for those of us who can't pass it on then cost for purpose comes into the equation. The 38cc with 16" chain is very capable and no waste of time.

NOTE: just looked at Aldi chainsaw (Gardenline) you mentioned. It's same saw as ROSS ie 38cc with 16" chain! You say $200? Why pay that much when you can go to MITRE 10 and pay just $89??
                        The aldi saw in my catalog is a 50 cc with oregan blade and chain and walburg carb

Comment

• Madmen
                          • Mar 2013
                          • Victoria

Power Source: Petrol. Type: Arborist Chainsaw. 1 x Baumr-AG SX62 Petrol Chainsaw. 1 x Chain Sharpener. Also new on the SX range is the exclusive E-Start system. As the user pulls the starter cord, a second coil builds energy and releases that energy all at once - instantly firing the engine!

Had one of these for years now cut atleast 30 metres of wood and still going I regularly service it myself sharpen chain and blow out air filter every time as you should, And dress the bar when needed

So I strongly recommend them to anyone wanting a cheap saw that last (even out last my brothers husky) soon I'm going to upgrade to the 80cc version just cause, And I cut ALOT of redgum big and little stuff.

Comment

• Stevie-Ray
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2009
                            • Peakhurst, Sydney

Originally posted by craka View Post
                            Agree with you there, & I also have a policy of not buying any tool designed to cut from mainland China (higher quality Taiwanese tools are passable), as I don't trust the quality of steel used & therefore it's ability to hold a sharp edge. A cutting-edge that dulls quickly will heat-up easier & loose it's temper, making it impossible to stay sharp no matter often you hone edges, & blunt blades cause more injuries because tool-operators inevitably apply more force attempting to make tools cut material!
                            Last edited by Stevie-Ray; 27-07-13, 10:14 AM. Reason: correction
                            Steve

Runner-Paj; '95 NJ SWB 2.5L TD GL J-Top, low kms Project-Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, also low kms. Donor Paj; '92 NH SWB 3.0L V6 GLS Hardtop Triple-pack, with some parts & goodies to go onto other GLS.
                            "I try to take life one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me all at once!"

Comment

• MTN-KAT
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Madmen View Post
                              http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Baumr...item1e7bc2efdd

Had one of these for years now cut atleast 30 metres of wood and still going I regularly service it myself sharpen chain and blow out air filter every time as you should, And dress the bar when needed

So I strongly recommend them to anyone wanting a cheap saw that last (even out last my brothers husky) soon I'm going to upgrade to the 80cc version just cause, And I cut ALOT of redgum big and little stuff.
                              Nice looking chainsaw for sure and right price with those specs. I just couldn't do it on E Bay cos no store to return saw to for a replacement under warranty. Guess that's why E Bay are priced lower.
                              All said and done I'm a happy camper with my new $89 chainsaw, knowing if it goes kapput in next 12 months I don't have to be without for any period of time cos all I do is go to shop 5 mins up road and get another new one with another 12 months warranty! I will definitely get value from this purchase. Happy sawing.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X