Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

So they got rid of all the bits that made it a Defender in the first place and added all the bits from the Discovery? What’s the major difference between the two now? They almost look they are competing again best each other!!!
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

When I had my old Landy I remember after taking the dogs for a swim I would lift out the seats cushions and hose the whole interior out. Don't think anyone will be doing that with this new one.
Just another icon dead!
More on the new model.
https://www.carsifu.my/news/new-land...furt-spotlight

Tom

1953 Morris Minor ute
1990 Nissan Scargo van
2008 Mercedes e280 CDI sport
2003 Ford Transit
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwithannl View Post
When I had my old Landy I remember after taking the dogs for a swim I would lift out the seats cushions and hose the whole interior out. Don't think anyone will be doing that with this new one.
Just another icon dead!
Probably wouldn't, but according to the story I linked, could:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whichcar
14 - Defender's electrics gets IP67 electrical rating
The electronics and connections in the new Defender have been designed to meet the IP67 water immersion standards. That means they can be submerged in one metre of fresh water for an hour without intrusion or damage.

15 - It is able to wade through 900mm of water

Like the Discovery the Defender is rated to wade through 900mm of water. Engineers say it could theoretically deal with deeper water, albeit with risk of the car floating, particularly with any side currents. If you end up in deeper water and the car starts floating, engineers say the doors can be cracked open to allow some water to flow into the cabin, in turn temporarily adding weight to help with traction. Obviously there will be water damage to carpets and trims, but engineers say the electrics should be fine.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago

Richard Hammonds thoughts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vac6mJE8rqo

Geez, it's got some computers on it.... Wonder how it will fair in the real world..

Last edited by saj; 1 Week Ago at 09:44 AM.
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The article states “aluminium monocoque construction with pressed steel panels” this doesn’t make sense to me. The F Pace Jaguar is aluminium monocoque construction with aluminium panels.
https://www.jaguar.com.au/about-jagu...aluminium.html

OJ.
Jag F pace is also $90k up. From about 2007 old style Defenders old had steel bonnets and doors. It is cheaper, only the doors though as they bolt on and dont need to be welded. Pre 2007 defenders actually had steel frame with aluminium skins on the doors and were a major corrosion/electrolysis problem so probably better this way anyway

WAS: '94 NJ 3L manual - ARB bullbar, IPF spotties, 2" lift, OME shocks, 31" BFG A/T. 384k and no more, RIP old girl
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

We will get bombarded with the "Gushing" media reviews...
It is a very competitive market the Defender is aimed for and it is using some of it old "history" to spring board off with its marketing..better reliability, better off road ability..yadda yadda.
It is a different design, more softer, more of an everyday vehicle with a shed load of bling and electronics..
It might be water proof to some extent...
Can its electronics cope with the Australian outback corrugation and dust?
Only time will tell..
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...vealed-120475/
2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Here we go again.

Towing capacity 3,720 Kg.