Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psproule View Post
Yeah, it's on the agenda before this boat towing season. And a remap. Already have the paddles and they are awesome. Should be factory.

Pat
You will be surprised at how much more usable power you have once the TC is locked in the lower gears, you may reconsider whether a remap is required.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
You will be surprised at how much more usable power you have once the TC is locked in the lower gears, you may reconsider whether a remap is required.

OJ.
x2.

Auto-mate has absolutely transformed my 4x2 PB and am considering the paddle shift mod from nj swb but find it hard to justify as i drive my Triton more often than the Challenger.

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by psproule View Post
An N70 Aux and a D34 crank (optima) will fit in either the ARB all in a row tray or the more common one across the firewall and one in the original tray arrangement. For my NX I had to mod the factory tray to take the N70. Not sure about a 75 but if it's just length it should fit in the factory arrangement with the mod.

Other points - we are on our 3rd Paj. Had an early NM petrol and while it went everywhere the NP Diesel with traction control that came after it was a big step up in capability (due to the traction control). Both went all through the high country. Pick the right line and let it do it's thing and it would go most places that it probably shouldn't. Not once did I wish for a diff lock in it. Both of these had a 2" lift and AT's.

The current NX is mostly un-modded other than bar, racks, fridge mount, paddle shift and AT's. In hindsight I wish I was able to buy another manual. I didn't think I'd miss it but I do, particularly for towing. Almost never use the diff lock - the TC is that good.

I think you'll find that the NS has slightly less power than the NT and onwards. Other than that and the previously mentioned DPF they are all fairly similar other than the options details.

Pat
Thanks heaps.