• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Is this mountable?

I was wondering if anyone has mounted something like in the pic to area marked in red on the dash? The marked area has a max depth of about 3.5cm and I have not found out the dimension of the square base of the mount yet. I was thinking of using superglue or something instead of using screws. Any thoughts please.

EDIT: Found out the following: The 4-Hole AMPS pattern consists of four holes in rectangular pattern spaced 1.188" by 1.813". That would be 3.02cm by 4.61cm.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dreamerman; 31-08-19, 07:05 PM.
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Bud have you checked out Hold My Phone.com.au? They have range of mounts specific to the vehicle and also cradles etc for numerous products like phones, tablets etc.

I've used them in previous vehicles and work vehicles and is a really good producg. Yes a bit expensive but no holes drilled to vehicle or need for glue.

They have 2 products for Gen 4 Pajeros, have a look at the site. Also have a look at the accesories as they have a good selection of flexible arms and add ons with AMPS
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Is this mountable?

I mounted my scangauge on here using adhesive backed Velcro. Fits perfectly. The front of the scangauge is flush with the touchscreen etc. Sorry for night time photo I’ll look for a daytime one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• dreamerman
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Sydney

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
        Bud have you checked out Hold My Phone.com.au?
        Wow thanks for the info. Looks like there are only 2 types for the NX. Not quiet what I am looking for but close enough for a commercial product. Much better than hacking the dash. Cheers!
        EDIT: I understand part 1 of the mount but find options under part 2 confusing.

Last edited by dreamerman; 31-08-19, 09:49 PM.
        03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• dreamerman
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2009
          • Sydney

Update: Thought I should close the circle. I ended up using both mounts below. They are very sturdy but not meant for large tablets like 10" ones.

THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR SAFE PHONE-HOLDING WHILE DRIVING Our innovative car mounts are custom-crafted in Sweden. They're designed to blend seamlessly with your car dashboard, ensuring a solid fit to mount your phone holder.

THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION FOR SAFE PHONE-HOLDING WHILE DRIVING Our innovative car mounts are custom-crafted in Sweden. They're designed to blend seamlessly with your car dashboard, ensuring a solid fit to mount your phone holder.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X