• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JWF
    • Mar 2019
    • Gosford

Boo's Rear Guard for Hayman Reese tow bar

A big thank you to Michael & Karen from Boo's Bash Plates who designed and manufactured a rear
    guard for my 2019 NX Pajero fitted with a Hayman Reese tow bar.
    The rear guard is made to Michaels usual first class quality and as I have his front guards fitted I
    was confident that this new design would fit, look good and afford a lot more protection.

As I have air bags fitted I needed to remove the valve bracket that was attached to the
    trailer plug. I left the plug loose incase the wires or grommet interfered with fitting the guard.

Fitting was easy and involved removing the 2 forward facing tow bar retaining bolts.
    Then loosen the rear 2 bolts enough to slide each side bracket under the bolts and washers.
    Replace the 2 forward bolts and leave all of the bolts loose for now.
    Lift the guard up and bolt it to the side plates with the 4 supplied bolts.
    This is best done with help as the it was easier to only have to hold one side of the guard
    while lining up the side plate bolt holes.
    You can then tighten up the 4 bolts holding the tow bar and side plates, then tighten the 4 bolts holding the guard to the side plates.
    More detailed instructions are supplied with the guard and it was packed vey well for transport.

I refitted the trailer plug in its original position as I need to do some towing in the next few days
    but I will move it to a higher position next week. It is less vulnerable with the guard fitted which
    is good.
    I have made a new bracket for the air bag valves and will mount it between the plate and the existing plastic bumper.

Once again a big thanks to Boo's Bash Plates for a great product and for the effort in designing and
    manufacturing this rear guard.
    One of the best things about this was Michaels willingness to talk to me and exchange ideas about the best design for the guard.

John
    Attached Files
  • Jasonmc73
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2019
    • Brisbane

Looka good

If you don't mind me asking, what is the spring arrangement on your vehicle?
    Is it lifted?
    & how much weight do you carry?
    Does it ride ok?
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• JWF
      • Mar 2019
      • Gosford

Suspension / Bash plates

The front and rear suspension consists of -
      Kings heavy duty springs :- KSRR-HD 200 /400 kg raised.
      Koni 82 series shock absorbers.
      Airbagman high pressure air bags - 60 psi.

It rides very well, a lot better than I expected.

Weight carried -
      ARB steel bull bar.
      Winch (synthetic rope) not fitted yet.
      Boo's bash plates :- Intercooler Guard, Sump Guard,Transmission Guard, Transfer Case Guard and
      Rear Guard.
      Cargo barrier.
      Tow bar.
      Kings "Quicky" popup roof top tent (70kg)
      Rhyno Backbone and Pioneer platform.
      ORS rear draws (aluminium x2) and 45lt stainless water tank.
      Auxiliary battery mounted in the rear tub.
      60lt Waco fridge and slide.

The ORS draw system is setup so I can remove the second row seats completely, move the cargo barrier behind the front seats and install a platform up to the cargo barrier.
      When not traveling the platform and water tank are removed (4 bolts each) the cargo barrier is moved back to the rear position and the seats refitted. This takes me about an hour and there is a
      good weight saving by removing the rear seats. I did this with my previous 4WD.

John
      Last edited by JWF; 10-08-19, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• oscaroo
        • Dec 2017
        • Sydney

Awesome. I guess boos now caters for two tow bar types. Did they charge you anything extra for building it for you?

Comment

• JWF
          • Mar 2019
          • Gosford

Boo's rear guard

No extra charge for the design and build.
          I hope Michael sells more to cover his effort.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X