• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyExceed
    • May 2014
    • Hobart, Tas

Drone recoomendations under $1k

hey all,

Im looking for recommendations on drones for under a grand. Who's got what and would you recommend it ? what's good and what's not ??

Just after something to capture footage when offroading and up above our campsite when away.

thanks
    Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift
  • zoom
    • Apr 2017
    • Sydney

Keep a eye out on ebay these come up from time to time couldn't be happier

The DJI Spark is rubbish

Comment

• tangles4745
      • Aug 2012
      • Brisbane

Hey mate,
      We brought a phantom 3 for our young fella as he does a lot of videos for local communities.. check out the link below .. Hope it helps ..
      Tangles..

Clermont Rifle Club 7/05/2017Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649933498569777/ - Will Burgess

Comment

• wasarangie
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2010
        • Ocean Grove

Interested in this question also. To use for looking at hill climbs, getting a little older and find it harder to walk some hills now. What range do they have before contact is lost would be good to know.
        SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I've got a Phantom 4 and it's brilliant. They were around $1600 but coming down in price all the time. I had a Phantom 3 but took it back due to connection problems. It uses wifi, not the more sophisticated protocol of the P4 and there are issues with it if you Google P3 Problems. I've seen the Mavic and they are excellent but I wouldn't be buying one from Hong Kong. It's too much money to risk warranty problems. Office Works refunded my P3 with no questions and JB HiFi do the same.
          Check out Youtube and search Phantom 4. Tom's Tech Time is a great resource for info on drones.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• JetA1
            • Dec 2016
            • brisbane

For under a grand you can't go wrong with the P3, we use a heap of them for our training, and they are pretty tough lil units, only now starting to switch over to the P4's. but will start getting hard to get batteries and parts when they are discontinued

Comment

• Real4Wdrive
              • Mar 2013
              • SA

I've had experience with the Phantom 3 (P3) and Mavic Pro which you will see in the videos I have uploaded, both have pros and cons. But for your budget of 1k, maybe a P3 just for the quality of DJI and value. The P3's and P4's these are bulky which is why I favour my Mavic.

Otherwise you have new Spark which is 4K and smaller http://bit.ly/2tVxF4T This will be my next buy.

just do the research if you can.

Like the Mavic Pro (which is beyond the budget you've set), the key thing for me is pulling over and being in the air in less than 1 minute.
              NS Pajero 25th Anniversary, OME Suspensions, ARB Bullbar, Rhino Platform Roof Racks, ECU Remap, Polyaire Bags.

Check out my videos: www.youtube.com/c/TabVentures

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X