• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgrev
    • Sep 2010
    • Broken Hill

Aussie MMCS

I too would like to know if there is any progress.

ESPECIALLY with getting rid of that nag screen!

Marty, if you are reading this, how about really hassling MMA about it?

Regards
    Doug

Comment

• chris newman
      • Jan 2008
      • Melbourne

Specifications of the loading file

I have come across the specs for the loading file, its general but may help.

Chris
      MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Android Headunit 10.1" from Idoing with the camera working. Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for the original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, Main Battery Pannasonic (2018), second battery (2019) Lead Crystal 130AH. Draws and Engle Fridge, ARB Compressor, Kings Awning and James Baroud Rooftop tent. Aux Fuel tank.

Comment

• sped12
        • Dec 2010
        • Sydney

Car codes and accessories

I checked a lancer ASX and its vehicle ID is 3M45 and it has the full function menu for trip computer.
        the Challenger XLS is 3M25 same as triton.

i made a DVD from the ASX (v16) and it works ok in the XLS. the MMcs still kept the vehicle ID even with the ASX DVD loaded.

The MMCS in the challenger restarts if you are using it on accessories and then start the engine. bringing up the i agree again!
        PB MY10 XLS - stock standard

Comment

• apsilon
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2008
          • Hills District NSW

Originally posted by sped12 View Post
          The MMCS in the challenger restarts if you are using it on accessories and then start the engine. bringing up the i agree again!
          Does the same in the Pajero.
          MY09 NT Pajero X shortie diesel
          Mods - No longer fit in my sig so see here

Comment

• sped12
            • Dec 2010
            • Sydney

More MMCS service menu and detailed diagnostics information

Comment

• chris newman
              • Jan 2008
              • Melbourne

I have had a good look at the loading file and read all the words but they dont have the startup screen message words or the diagnostic menu words in there. Has anyone come across them, my theory is that the loading file is just any changed memory functions and map information. I think the rest of the program like the menu blanking and the diagnostic code is pre loaded by a different disk or Eprom. Any one else come up with other ideas?
              MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Android Headunit 10.1" from Idoing with the camera working. Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for the original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, Main Battery Pannasonic (2018), second battery (2019) Lead Crystal 130AH. Draws and Engle Fridge, ARB Compressor, Kings Awning and James Baroud Rooftop tent. Aux Fuel tank.

Comment

• Robbo69
                • Jan 2010
                • Perth WA

Originally posted by chris newman View Post
                I have had a good look at the loading file and read all the words but they dont have the startup screen message words or the diagnostic menu words in there. Has anyone come across them, my theory is that the loading file is just any changed memory functions and map information. I think the rest of the program like the menu blanking and the diagnostic code is pre loaded by a different disk or Eprom. Any one else come up with other ideas?
                The startup screen message "Make selections only when vehicle is stopped...etc" is in the LOADING.KWI file at 1015FBC.

Comment

• chris newman
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by Robbo69 View Post
                  The startup screen message "Make selections only when vehicle is stopped...etc" is in the LOADING.KWI file at 1015FBC.
                  Sorry I stand corected, I was reading the dissasembler strings in a small window and it was hideing. I will spend some more time on it.

The string seems to start at 01015F78 "destination is within a congestion charge area.\r\nChange destination?Make selections .............

Thanks

cheers
                  Chris

Comment

• sped12
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Sydney

Just fitted the MMCS over ride (works great) and noticed two things, the video screen shuts down as soon as there is any movement in the vehicle, the menu system doesnt close until the speed reaches 4kmh. So there seems to be different treatment of these functions.
                    Also looking at the circuitry, the same video amp IC 713 feeds the RSES and inputs to the navigation system which seems to be the source of all non menu video feeds to the screen. As the RSES is supposed to display if moving, I suspect there may be some coding (hard or flash or soft?) in the in the navigation unit which lets the maps show but blocks the video amp input when moving.

Comment

• liam
                      • Feb 2008
                      • chadstone

i have just installed an mmcs unit in my car , and the only way i can get the dvd player working while driving , is to have the gps plug disconnected
                      still trying to work out how to bypass this , with out having to disconnect the gps

Just wondering is there any way of making a switch to cut the signal from the gps aerial via a button or switch that way you could watch dvd's while moving and when you need the gps just switch it back on , just an idea
                      Last edited by liam; 30-07-14, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• sdd805
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Wollongong

Originally posted by liam View Post
                        i have just installed an mmcs unit in my car , and the only way i can get the dvd player working while driving , is to have the gps plug disconnected
                        still trying to work out how to bypass this , with out having to disconnect the gps

Just wondering is there any way of making a switch to cut the signal from the gps aerial via a button or switch that way you could watch dvd's while moving and when you need the gps just switch it back on , just an idea
                        Yep thats exactly what I did.

Comment

• sdd805
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Wollongong

you need to put a switch into the gps signal so can bypass it when required and switch it back.

I cut the GPS cable and extended both ends of the main signal core to a switch under the dash

Comment

• dhula
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • South of Perth

Does this mean it's as simple as putting a switch in the GPS signal wire and MMCS will get full menu functions while driving if the switch is off, all without the need to install an over-ride kit
                            2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                            2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• scribble88
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2014
                              • Geraldton, WA

dhula and sdd805, I really hope that you are right, however I think I read on someone's post that the park brake is involved. There are some really smart cookies on this forum, I cannot imagine them not posting about a switch if it was that easy.
                              2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• ReefMaster
                                • Aug 2015
                                • Tarneit VIC

Any updates

Any new updates to this thread ? I sat and read all this thread and honestly believe the software "improvement option" would be the better option .

Btw , where do I find this GPS antennae cable without taking out the dash?
                                2010 NT Pajero Exceed

Koni Raid 90 series Lovells HD/ Koni Raid 88 Kings KCRR-35HDSP. Front & Rear ARB diff lockers/18inch CSA Jackals on Atturo Trail Blade MT 275/65/18. Full Bushkinz/SAFARI snorkel/ARB Deluxe Bar & Runva 11XP/GME TX4500S/
                                Piranha Dual Battery system /UL80-VO AGM battery/ Gista 160W Solar Panel/36 inch 480W LED Light bar/Kings Awning and Awning tent/9inch 185W Led/ LRA tank
                                Wants: a roof tent/ exhaust/drawers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X