• Show
Clear All
  • jrmc47
    • Jul 2011
    • Wonthaggi

nl pajero 4m40t auto wiring diagram

Hi all
    am on the hunt for a wiring diagram for 4m40t/ for 1997 NL Paj
    Have been trolling the web ...cant find anything ...also looking for the wiring as i am doing a conversion from 6g74 Auto to 4m40t Auto...any help would be awesome
    I am unsure how the auto is controlled by the diesel....HELP!!!!!!
    NL Pajero gls.. TJM pro locker...front LOKKA...full reco 4M40 manual ...rear drawers ..ARB bullbar...Kings awning..Kings 9" led lights...Kings lightbar...1200lb winch...75 litre Evakool Fridge...agm second battery...DRL's....40 channel UHF....2 x 128 Channel UHF / VHF Handhelds...Kings recovery gear...Thumper compresser...ARB locker compressor
  • DWC
    • Jul 2007
    • Newcastle

Pm me your email address and ill flick you all the stuff i found when I did mine. The AW4 tranny uses a TPS on the injector pump on overseas models as well as L400(?) Delicas. I've never found one at a resoneable enough price to bother with and just used a potentiometer on the accelerator pedal. You also need to attach the "kickdown" cable somehow. It is used to adjust clutch pressure for the transmission gear changes. You will need a bell housing. I found one in Sydney from a buggered Delica tranny. $200 delivered. Google Mitsubishi wreckers, ebay, guntree, forums etc. Its amazing what you can find. You will need a new flex plate, the deisel one is much heavier.
    Look on POCUK and Delica forums as well for info and parts, the pommies get diesel auto imports from JDM. That's enough for now. I'll get some photos for you if you need them. Search my posts and you should find my build. Use chrome and you should see the photobucket photos().
    Good luck
    '96 NJ ̶D̶O̶H̶C̶, 4M40/AUTO conversion, 2" TJM lift, Alloy bar, Dual Batteries,
    Icom UHF, 31" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Cibie Super Oscars, Aldi 9500lb winch.
    Conversion thread:
    http:// https://www2.pajeroclub.com....ad.php?t=50484

Comment

• Dongskie2
      • Dec 2016
      • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by DWC View Post
      Pm me your email address and ill flick you all the stuff i found when I did mine. The AW4 tranny uses a TPS on the injector pump on overseas models as well as L400(?) Delicas. I've never found one at a resoneable enough price to bother with and just used a potentiometer on the accelerator pedal. You also need to attach the "kickdown" cable somehow. It is used to adjust clutch pressure for the transmission gear changes. You will need a bell housing. I found one in Sydney from a buggered Delica tranny. $200 delivered. Google Mitsubishi wreckers, ebay, guntree, forums etc. Its amazing what you can find. You will need a new flex plate, the deisel one is much heavier.
      Look on POCUK and Delica forums as well for info and parts, the pommies get diesel auto imports from JDM. That's enough for now. I'll get some photos for you if you need them. Search my posts and you should find my build. Use chrome and you should see the photobucket photos().
      Good luck
      DWC did you happen to find the wire for the torque converter lock-up?

I have a LHD and cant seem to locate mine as someone posted but his was an RHD.
      Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• DWC
        • Jul 2007
        • Newcastle

Dongskie2, left or right drive doesn't matter, the wiring loom is the same. I haven't done anything with it yet and is still on my to-do list.
        In the workshop manual the T/C lockup solenoid is labeled " oil pressure control solenoid". The gearbox uses oil pressure to drive the lockup clutch. It is a Green/Yellow wire from the TCM to the gearbox through two connectors. It should be accessable under the center console where the gearbox loom goes through the floor.
        Cheers, Dave
        '96 NJ ̶D̶O̶H̶C̶, 4M40/AUTO conversion, 2" TJM lift, Alloy bar, Dual Batteries,
        Icom UHF, 31" Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Cibie Super Oscars, Aldi 9500lb winch.
        Conversion thread:
        http:// https://www2.pajeroclub.com....ad.php?t=50484

Comment

• Dongskie2
          • Dec 2016
          • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by DWC View Post
          Dongskie2, left or right drive doesn't matter, the wiring loom is the same. I haven't done anything with it yet and is still on my to-do list.
          In the workshop manual the T/C lockup solenoid is labeled " oil pressure control solenoid". The gearbox uses oil pressure to drive the lockup clutch. It is a Green/Yellow wire from the TCM to the gearbox through two connectors. It should be accessable under the center console where the gearbox loom goes through the floor.
          Cheers, Dave

Thanks for that, it was said that it is 12v activated, if 12v is applied independently it will lock up the TC.

Thanks mate I'll go hunting.
          Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

• abdulshakur
            • Apr 2013
            • KENYA

Hi all,
            I need help,I just swapped my Delica engine from 6G72 to 4M40 diesal.i purchased a complete half cut with engine and gearbox.I manger to do fix complete engine and gearbox to my Delica without any modifications,all I needed was to change both crossmembers.the car starts but in drive position it does not change the gears.the rev meter does not work.will I need to change complete harness?what about the ECU ???

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X