• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1WD
    • Aug 2011
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
    Hi 1wd and all,
    I am on the market and very interested in the Yokohama Geolander, any comments or experience from anyone with these tyres?
    If it's the ones that come standard with the NW (H/T), forget them. Soft as warm butter and will wear quicker than a pair of Dunlop Volleys.

Don't get me wrong, they have excellent wet and dry bitumen grip, but that's where it ends.

The A/T's, I have no experience on.

Cheers,

Aaron.
    OLD: NW Ironbark Platinum - MM Nudge Bar with Lightforce Genesis Halogens. Bilstein/Lovells combo +50mm. Bushskinz bashplate and sump guard.

Comment

• Tricky Dicky
      • Oct 2011
      • Mc Laren Vale SA

Hi again 1wd,

oops! I was meaning the A/T?
      Cheers Richard

NW 2013 Pajero VRX, Thule roof bars with kayak holder, ARB Awning, AT Maxtrex tyres, window tinting, tinted Pajero bonnet protector, tow bar, dash mat, ARB colour coded deluxe Bullbar, Icom 440 UHF under dash with controls on hand piece, GME antenna, Primus IQ brake controller, OME suspension lift 40mm, IPF 900XS Etreme spots, Safari snorkel, Diff breathers

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Tricky Dicky View Post
        Hi 1wd and all,
        I am on the market and very interested in the Yokohama Geolander, any comments or experience from anyone with these tyres?
        Hi Richard

Yokohamas were on my NP when I bought it new and I consider them rubbish as a 4WD tyre - I think they were Geolander. I ran them at the MM recommended 29psi and they wore out in 15,000km. so I put another set on and ran them at 36psi - they didn't do much better. Changed to Cooper and am getting close to 50,000km from a set.

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• burpdog
          • Jul 2012
          • Caulfield north

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
          Hi Richard

Yokohamas were on my NP when I bought it new and I consider them rubbish as a 4WD tyre - I think they were Geolander. I ran them at the MM recommended 29psi and they wore out in 15,000km. so I put another set on and ran them at 36psi - they didn't do much better. Changed to Cooper and am getting close to 50,000km from a set.

Geoff
          I also read something similar about the Yoko's on the forum as well, not a great tyre from what i hear!
          95 NJ pajero, 33" Muddies, alloy bullbar, side steps, roof rack

Comment

• Tricky Dicky
            • Oct 2011
            • Mc Laren Vale SA

Originally posted by GHendo View Post
            Hi Richard

Geoff
            Hi Aaron, Geoff and Burpdog,

Thanks for feedback, appreciate this before I go out and make any purchases.
            Cheers Richard

NW 2013 Pajero VRX, Thule roof bars with kayak holder, ARB Awning, AT Maxtrex tyres, window tinting, tinted Pajero bonnet protector, tow bar, dash mat, ARB colour coded deluxe Bullbar, Icom 440 UHF under dash with controls on hand piece, GME antenna, Primus IQ brake controller, OME suspension lift 40mm, IPF 900XS Etreme spots, Safari snorkel, Diff breathers

Comment

• lenny05
              • Mar 2011
              • Brisbane (Albany Creek)

I have just put the flak jacket on and am ready for any comment that may come but here goes

Had Cooper ATRs on the car when I bought it----cant comment as they were close to their use by date at the time..

Currently have Bridgestone D694LT---Done 18000km so far with 80% bitumen and 20% dirt...Done Craigs hut in the dry, MT Pinnibar in the wet/Snow, a bit of mud/clay driving, and general dirt road driving...With appropriate tyre pressures 42PSI road/ 22PSI off road, the tyres have served me very well and could not fault them (even in the mud considering they are an AT)

BFG AT..Got them on the work cars.(G Wagon with front and rear diff locks)
              Bitumen and dirt road driving are great..Mud/clay---OK
              From my experience with them, and the price I think they are over rated...
              2001 NM 3.5ltr manual, 2"Lovells lift, D694 LT265/70/16, ECB alloy bar, Hella lights, Uniden UHF, Rhino track mount and basket, Cargo barrier, awning, Home made drawers.

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

Agree with you Lenny, they are over priced. Michelin aust are ripping the market off, u know this for sure when you can import with air freight cheaper than buying locally. I have had 3 sets over the years (BFG AT LT) and they have served me well but went with Maxxis AT771 this time at 60% of the price, same ply ratings, same tread depth.
                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• jjacer
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Brisbane

Cheapies

I was recently looking for some cheapies as I may upgrade to a later model Paj in 1-2yrs time.I heard about a brand popular in the USA,NEXEN,did some research and they got reasonable reviews etc,so I had some 265/70/16 'Roadian A/T's' fitted.
                  I wanted quiet tyres that could handle a bit of offroad now and then but which wouldn't break the bank.
                  These Nexens cost $175 each fitted & balanced,add wheel alignment and the whole shabang cost $766 for new rubber all round!!.
                  I was a bit worried because I have had Goodrich T/A's and Bridgestone Duellers in the past but so far these tyres are really great,they are far and away the quietest road tyres I've had on the Paj, grip extremely well in dry and wet conditions and gave me pretty good grip going up a steep incline on wet grass-I'm impressed so far with the only test left being how they will wear in the long run.
                  If the budgets a bit tight and you're wondering about this brand I say go for it, they seem great to me I'm very happy with 'em.

Comment

• markpeh
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Lake Clarendon QLD

A friend of mine put those nexan roadians on thier pajero. I think they now up to 3 flat tyres this year.
                    NT ACTIV 2010 DID Manual

Comment

• jjacer
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Brisbane

Oh great! I did read where the sidewalls are a bit soft but being as my offroading is mostly sand/beach I'm hoping they'll cope-I'll double check the jack tho!!

Comment

• Minto
                        • Jun 2012
                        • Canberra

Originally posted by lenny05 View Post
                        Currently have Bridgestone D694LT---Done 18000km so far with 80% bitumen and 20% dirt...Done Craigs hut in the dry, MT Pinnibar in the wet/Snow, a bit of mud/clay driving, and general dirt road driving...With appropriate tyre pressures 42PSI road/ 22PSI off road, the tyres have served me very well and could not fault them (even in the mud considering they are an AT)
                        Lenny, thanks for the commentary on the D694LTs. Have been researching and was looking to put these on. The tracks you have taken are similar to those we plan to drive (and Blue Rag) so this helps make the decision a bit easier.
                        2012 Challenger LS manual, terra rosa, OEM steel front protection bar with driving lights, OEM tow bar, window tint, window deflectors, Bridgestone desert dueller tyres and a long wish list of personal mods.

Comment

• damo83
                          • Jul 2010
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Patagonia View Post
                          If you like tyo put some more I?ve been looking with interest the Good Year Wrangler duratracs between AT and MT (but don?t know if they are available there)

I'm currently running the Duratracs on the Pajero and had a set on my previous vehicle (GQ Patrol). I can't recommend them highly enough, plenty of grip on and off road, very good on the sand and the wear is fantastic. My current set have done around 35,000km and have around 2/3 tread remaining.
                          *** FOR SALE *** 2000 NM Exceed 3.5l V6 Manual... Lovells 2" SD coils and Lovells shocks/struts... Polyairs... 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac... Dual Battery System... Bushskinz intercooler and sump guards

Comment

• peejay68au
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007
                            • nsw

Another tyre to consider is the Sava RV. Made in japan or at least mine are, and I found them impressive today. Went out with the wifes cousin in his nh and another friend and his total fkwit friends (if I had a gun 4 cars wouldn't of come back) and I was the only one who didn't get bogged. Mind you with no lift I stayed out of the deeper slop, but still had to get through some. Impressed me with their performance. Was reasonably priced when I was looking for tyres for the nj, I ended up with bfg at's but would be hard pressed to pick them again over the sava's.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

Henry David Thoreau

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Stoneman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Melbourne

I have Duratrak 285/65/18 and i am very happy with them
                              in my opion they are a good looking tyre. They suite my bus perfectly
                              I was origanally going for BFG KO's but tyre rack claimed they could not export them to Australia anymore?? Why i dont know maybe cause there 18" i dont know or maybe i ordered from an idiot

but led to believe that BFG are a little quietier.

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• pauld
                                Valued Member
                                • Apr 2010
                                • Melbourne

My guess is that Michelin are leaning on them to stop selling to Australia so that Michelin (BFG) can control their over-pricing in Australia.
                                2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X