• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dunk
    • Jan 2008
    • melbourne

Best pollish for white duco nw pajero

Have white duco when pollished does not come up that well when l use kitten fine cut & pollish paste seems to be okay but looking to get a better finish a deeper shine have tried maquires with little effect just want a good all round pollish/restorer type pollish any help would be appreciated as l really dont want to do a full cut and pollish
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

One of the unfortunate facts of life is that you get nothing for nothing.

All that dead and dull layer on the top of your paint needs to come off and there is no magic solution that will instantly convert it into a gleaming finish like it was when it came out of the factory and last beyond the next rain or wash, whichever comes first.

It is possible to do it by hand with a cutting compound and pad, but this is more work than anyone in their right mind would take on. Apart from that, then you have to do it again to take out the scratching, albeit finer, that you just put all over it. Unless you are well experienced, doing with a machine is fraught with danger - paint is quite thin and it's very easy to buff through.

The best solution is to get it done professionally, not just by a detailer, but someone who understands paint correction and has, and uses, a paint thickness gauge. It usually takes three stages, first to remove the oxidised paint on the surface and deal with the deeper scratches, second to refine the finish and remove swirl and, third, to put on a layer of protection, preferably a polymer based polish, not wax.

The process isn't cheap. Expect $300-$500, but it will give you something that you can then maintain with reasonable ease.
    Chris

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

I use McGuires for oth my Pajero and my wife's Outlander. Both of them are solid white (not metallic), but they still have a couple of coats of clear lacquer over the base white. This means that if you use a cut and polish, by default you are taking off the clear coating. I have found the McGuires wax products seem to work very well - the surface feels smooth and it stays clean with relatively little effort and washing. On my previous cars, I used to use Turtle wax, and that was good, but I think that McGuires is better.

Comment

• fourocker
        • Jan 2018
        • Blue Mountains NSW

Have just been doing paint correction on my 89 Supra which is red.....ie similar to white as there's no clear coat on straight colours unlike metallic or pearl, the red is really vivid now without any pinkness to it like before, any how I used a buffing machine ($120 from Supercheap) and Chemical Brothers V34, then went over again with Chemical Brothers V36 and it's majorly better, I still have two more stages to go, a fine non cutting polish (Chemical Brothers again but can't remember the number) and then a sealer buff, much of the car belies it's 29 year age even after just two stages.
        My son and I went halves in all the stuff (he's doing his Lexus also and it's black) he came across the products online and they're very good, we are not professionals though although we're happy with our results so far, it takes a lot of work and there's no cheap quick way to get a good result.
        I'll probably have a go at my white NT sooner or later once the sap stains etc get the better of me.
        Don't bother doing it by hand, the result won't be worth all the elbow grease, I've done that before and never again.
        Also the very first step is to thoroughly wash and then clay bar the car, pulls the contaminants up out of the paint surface, research it well before doing it though, don't just hack away blindly.

Comment

• mckenzl
          • Mar 2013
          • WA

Wash, clay bar, Nufinish, autoglyms Aquawax. Takes a full day but this is the result on an 11yo car. Lasts about six months with washing monthly and a topup wax which only takes 30 mins.

Liam
          Attached Files
          Sold. 2007 NS VRX DID

Now. Isuzu MU-X MY17 LST

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X