Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc

Other Makes including Toyota Nissan etc Discussion on pro's and con's of other makes and models.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default 2000 suburu outback 5sp hill hold

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has experience with this vintage suburu outback. Currently have a loan of one at the moment which is a 5 speed manual, occasionally the hill hold seems to get stuck on, and consequently when trying to drive off the brakes feel like they are on. Hoping someone may know what to look at to correct it?

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I thought I'd update this.

There is a cable that runs from clutch to another brake cylinder on the passenger side firewall. From reading on some subaru forums, people have had similar with the spring return either not doing its job or missing etc.
When the clutch pedal is pushed in the cable pulls on the actuator lever of cylinder and pulls the brakes on, when the clutch pedal is relased the actuator for the hill hold brake system should return to release the brakes.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 23 Hours Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
I thought I'd update this.

There is a cable that runs from clutch to another brake cylinder on the passenger side firewall. From reading on some subaru forums, people have had similar with the spring return either not doing its job or missing etc.
When the clutch pedal is pushed in the cable pulls on the actuator lever of cylinder and pulls the brakes on, when the clutch pedal is relased the actuator for the hill hold brake system should return to release the brakes.
It could be a broken spring. I never had an issue with mine on my L series and actually miss it since not bothering to refit the cable after the last engine install...

Or the cable may need adjusting since the 2000 is a hydro setup and not a cable setup where you feel that adjustment is needed.

Cheers

Bennie