Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Giving them a Rap!

Giving them a Rap! Had a good experience with a business. Praise them here!

Old 06-11-18

That leaves me with a question: am i better off without the bullbar?
Ok this is my firsr 4wd and it is only 4 weeks old (plus 98000km lol), but i live in perth, and apart from some beach driving and a few family weekend i dont see myself doing heaps of country kms.

I read a lot about people having issues with the arb bar (and bars in general)...
Old 06-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signo1985 View Post
That leaves me with a question: am i better off without the bullbar?
Ok this is my firsr 4wd and it is only 4 weeks old (plus 98000km lol), but i live in perth, and apart from some beach driving and a few family weekend i dont see myself doing heaps of country kms.

I read a lot about people having issues with the arb bar (and bars in general)...

Save your money. Do you really need another 40kg on the front? You will need different shockies/springs. If you were travelling outback a lot then they could be beneficial.
Old 06-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Save your money. Do you really need another 40kg on the front? You will need different shockies/springs. If you were travelling outback a lot then they could be beneficial.
I agree with Dicko. If you're not going bush a lot I wouldn't worry about a bar. Save the money and the weight.
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 06-11-18

This is about my NL ARB Bar....I feel the ARB deluxe Bar is weak as .. I had a slight bingle and that bar caused way more damage than if I didn't have a bar at all.. folded up really well and destroyed Guard, headlight, bonnet, ect..... Now I have an alloy Bar and with some extra plates welded on, I feel it's a lot stronger.... I showed ARB the twisted, bent Bar and all they could say was Wow that bent up didn't it... They wanted $1200 for a new one but I said No thanks.. May-be the later Model Bars are stronger.

Gemster...
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come
..and No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 07-11-18

I thought so!!

The only problem is how and where fit all the different accessories that normally "sit" on the bullbar, like led lights sand flags etc
Old 07-11-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by signo1985 View Post
I thought so!!

The only problem is how and where fit all the different accessories that normally "sit" on the bullbar, like led lights sand flags etc
Nudge Bar?
NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Only issue is that cheap nudge bars for GEN 4's have dried up. Used to be able to get them for $200 on eBay.

That being said... If anyone has a spare =D

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk