• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glsgls
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2007

brown davis aux tank

hi all, we have had a 70 ltr brown davis aux tank fitted to a 3.5 pajero. has anybody experienced filling the main tank up from the new fuel neck, ie bowser in hole and the pump clicks of all the time. hence very slow fill up?

thanks Rob
  • wrexed03
    • Jul 2007

I have this problem with my nm and i know of two others. Trick is flip the gun upside down and apx half way in. Should do the trick for you.

regards

Comment

• psproule
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Googong, NSW

Check how they routed the fast fill breather lines. The fast fill breather from the aux tank should go to the filler neck of the main tank and the fast fill breather from the main tank should go tot the aux tank neck.

Pat
      2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
      2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Rusty
        • Jun 2007
        • Victoria, Australia

Yep we had a BD in the NM (and now sits in the NS) The NM was a real pain to fill. If you can angle the car down to the front and side away from the filler point. This helps a bit. But not much. And at times neither does turning the filler upside down or slightly extracting it. Grit the teeth....
        Think it is a bit better in the NS. Why? Don't know. Maybe the main tank breather is a better set up or maybe I have just become used to it.
        Rusty
        2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
        Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
        2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

• glsgls
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007

g day wrexed03 tryd that did not work to well took,nm back and they could not tell me why it is so hard to fill.so i will wait a week or so and then go back?????.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X