• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GRiM55
    • Apr 2011
    • Adeliade Hills

OME & ARB Feedback

Personal feedback on OME suspension fitted to my NT Paj 60,000k's ago.
    In short it "Destroyed the ride of the vehicle" Local ARB dealer fitted Sports OME shocks with the lift kit. The ride is harse, noisy, & clunks in the front end. Several attempts to fix it were unsuccessful.

Looking to change out to Bilsteins as a start & possibly Lovells.

ARB Bull Bar - What a piece of rubbish. Laser cut leaves sharp edges from which any coating draws away from leaving potential for coating failure, which it has! The coating on the top bar was not "whetted out" ( orange peel) when the powder was applied at 23yum, way under a 80-100um which I would have thought provided some protection. I asked to have a bar delivered uncoated ( & apply 2-pack not Powder-coat) and to "round-off" all of the cut edges as I knew it would fail (I was an industrial coating inspector) but they wouldn't oblige.

ARB have no standard for coating thickness when questioned. A mate is on his 3rd ARB bar due to rusting. Unfortunately the NT had few options for bull bars so I was stuck with it.
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Originally posted by GRiM55 View Post
    Looking to change out to Bilsteins as a start & possibly Lovells.
    I agree regarding OME suspension... - I had OME on my first Pajero..
    Bilsteins and Lovells on every one since.. (4 of them)

Originally posted by GRiM55 View Post
    I asked to have a bar delivered uncoated ( & apply 2-pack not Powder-coat) and to "round-off" all of the cut edges as I knew it would fail (I was an industrial coating inspector) but they wouldn't oblige.
    Manufactured overseas and not available anymore. I just got mine sandblasted and started over with decent paint and allowed me to mod it to fit the lights I wanted before it was painted.

Comment

• Robuck
      • May 2015
      • Brisbane

I have OME on my NT as well.

I have a clunk-ish sort of noise. Thought it might be bushes. I have swapped out my OME springs for Kings and lowered it slightly. A lot better....still have a minor clunk. Will use different shocks next time.

I don't have a problem with the Sahara bar i have, I installed it though.

ARB did stuff up my snorkel install.....

Definitely won't be going back.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X