• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BJPK
    • May 2019
    • Perth

Np compass

Does anybody know if the compass dash cluster assy fit into a base model glx. Does it just use the wiring from the clock or is it a different set up?
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

What is it you are wanting to achieve?

On the NM, it's a very much different system. The RV meter which incorporates the compass also has many other functions that requires a lot of feed back (wire inputs) from different units.

-Climate Control
    -Compass
    -Time and date
    -Ambiant Temperature
    -Wheel speed sensors
    -Maintenance schedule
    -A Trouble code reading function that is triggered via the cruise control lever
    -Etc

Some of these may be built into the meter and some will require being picked up via looms. Are the looms siting behind the dash, maybe. I believe I once saw something similar done with a Triton (between 2 different luxury levels of vehicles), where the plugs/looms where all there behind the dash.

Ps found an example of the plug ends that the NP requires. This is just for visual reference -

Edit - oops, thought the link was for the Np but its for an NM.
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• BJPK
      • May 2019
      • Perth

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
      What is it you are wanting to achieve?

On the NM, it's a very much different system. The RV meter which incorporates the compass also has many other functions that requires a lot of feed back (wire inputs) from different units.

-Climate Control
      -Compass
      -Time and date
      -Ambiant Temperature
      -Wheel speed sensors
      -Maintenance schedule
      -A Trouble code reading function that is triggered via the cruise control lever
      -Etc

Some of these may be built into the meter and some will require being picked up via looms. Are the looms siting behind the dash, maybe. I believe I once saw something similar done with a Triton (between 2 different luxury levels of vehicles), where the plugs/looms where all there behind the dash.

Ps found an example of the plug ends that the NP requires. This is just for visual reference -

Edit - oops, thought the link was for the Np but its for an NM.
      Hi mate,

Yea just want to freshen up the interior a bit. Il pull the clock out and see if the harness is there. Id get it out of a gls without climat control so assume its just compass and clock.

Comment

• RUGGA
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2014
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by BJPK View Post
        Id get it out of a gls without climat control so assume its just compass and clock.
        Oh, that sounds quite possible. Heres a link for you, shows how to recalibrate the compass (which I am sure It would need doing). Good luck and let us know how you get on.

02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Roofchop
          • Jul 2018
          • Carool, Australia

It can't be done.....

I have got one and tried.

No factory plugs in there.

I even got the factory wiring diagram found the pin numbers for positive negative light etc, but only got a message saying turn power on now (something like that)

Even then I "flashed" 12 v to every other pin and got nothing....

It has two plugs with 16 + pins on them.....

Someone else here tried and he got exactly the same as me.......

Just get a fancy double din stereo with maps etc.....
          2007 NS 3.8 V6 GLX Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X