• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Justgoodnews
    • Oct 2020
    • Perth

Steel Rims Pajero MY17

Good evening to all of you,

I am new here and thankful for all your advice and knowledge.
    I am looking for steel rims for my MY17 Pajero (in Perth) and was wondering if I can get some ideas here.
    - What size would people recommend?
    - Any recommendations for a good dealer in Perth or manufacturer?

I went to Ian Difffen in Morley today and the nice and honest guy (Frank) said, that he would recommend to keep the 18in Alloy rims, because the steel rims do not fit as good as the 18in. He also said that most companies can’t satisfy the demand (Dynamic for example).

Thanks so much for your ideas and help!

Justgoodnews
  • DibbyDibbyDJ
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2019
    • Victoria

Try your local dealers, some do wheel swaps and have a few sets of steelies laying around
    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

What are you trying to achieve? Looks, inroad performance, or off-road performance?

On road - leave the factory 18” rims. They are strong, good quality, and have the correct fit.

Off road - get a set of second hand Mitsubishi Pajero 17” rims (steel or alloy). They are strong, good quality, slightly higher profit for and have the correct fit.

Looks - personal preference but aftermarket will not be hub centric, will be more expensive and may not have a legal offset.
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Old Paj
        Pajero Club Life Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Heathcote, Vic

MY17 Tyres

For on my MY17 NX Paj, I have a set (5) of these:
        PDW 17 X 8 "Outback" 6/139.7 40P

These have Cooper ST Maxx tyres in 256/65R17 fitted which are only fitted when actually 4WDing.

Generally (normal) usage I stick with highway pattern tyres on the standard alloy rims.

These rims have the larger hub centre and use a hard plastic spacer to position the rim. Have had no issues.
        NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

As far as I'm aware, the only steel rims which will fit without a spacer are the factory MM rims, due to the offset required.

I run a set with off road (BFG) tryres on MM steels when going off road or long distance touring. Otherwise, i stick to the stock 18" alloy rims with normal road tyres for around the city.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X