• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zoom
    • Apr 2017
    • Sydney

Originally posted by starjunk View Post
    Pickle, did you have a chance to look at the throttle %s with the controller active, in TorquePro?
    Still considering this conversion but want to understand exactly what it does to the vehicle before outlaying the $$$s
    Many thanks!
    Can you also use these units to act like a throttle lock? I really miss the throttle lock I had in my NJ, on the gen4. :-(

Pop around and borrow mine play before pay

Comment

• starjunk
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2011
      • Sydney

Originally posted by zoom View Post
      Pop around and borrow mine play before pay
      PM sent
      '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
      '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
      '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
      '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• psproule
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Googong, NSW

Have you disabled the swirl valves? That helps too, especially if your intake manifold is all coked up and waiting for a clean (like mine) to the point where it runs rough between 2000-3000rpm on light throttle.
        They throw codes if you disable those. And with the EGR disabled at 300km (as in brand new) there was no chance for it to coke up.

Pat
        2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
        2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• starjunk
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2011
          • Sydney

Originally posted by psproule View Post
          They throw codes if you disable those. And with the EGR disabled at 300km (as in brand new) there was no chance for it to coke up.

Pat
          Absolutely. Agreed on both points. Wish I'd had my gen 4 from new.... It it had over 200,000 on it when I bought it..... Will have to bite the bullet and clean the manifold soon.
          The swirl valves, if electrically disconnected by unplugging the vacuum solenoid, will certainly throw a code. Block the hose and the ECU will never know.. Shhhh.

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Pickle, did you have a chance to look at the throttle %s with the controller active, in TorquePro?
            Still considering this conversion but want to understand exactly what it does to the vehicle before outlaying the $$$s
            Many thanks!
            Can you also use these units to act like a throttle lock? I really miss the throttle lock I had in my NJ, on the gen4. :-(
            Yeah running TorquePro but really didn't take notes on throttle percentage before I fitted it so the reading now could be out of whack.
            Been out 4wding in the High Country and in Low Range it is pretty touchy on the accelerator in Auto mode.
            Starjunk the IDrive does have a 30 day money back guarantee so it can be sent back if it doesn't shake your booty. Certainly made a difference on mine .....and turns it into a weapon in Low Range.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• marco888
              • Jun 2016
              • nsw

I strongly agree with the function of Throttle Controller, just got one in Berrima with exhaust upgrade.

Throttle lag( although I got EGR device, but definitely still there) and turbo lag just reduced dramatically, pulls up to 120 with ease.

yep, so much improve the drivablity on the Paj.

happy owner now
              MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...

Comment

• psproule
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • Googong, NSW

The swirl valves, if electrically disconnected by unplugging the vacuum solenoid, will certainly throw a code. Block the hose and the ECU will never know.. Shhhh.
                Nup, it will still throw a code. ECU works it out from the MAF and MAP values. Even an NM/P would throw a code if you did it.

Comment

• starjunk
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2011
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                  Nup, it will still throw a code. ECU works it out from the MAF and MAP values. Even an NM/P would throw a code if you did it.
                  In that case I've just been lucky I guess. Disabled for about 3000 kms and no code yet.

Comment

• Merts
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by marco888 View Post
                    I strongly agree with the function of Throttle Controller, just got one in Berrima with exhaust upgrade.

Throttle lag( although I got EGR device, but definitely still there) and turbo lag just reduced dramatically, pulls up to 120 with ease.

yep, so much improve the drivablity on the Paj.

happy owner now
                    A pedal booster device alters pedal response. That's all.
                    They have zero effect on turbo lag. How could they effect it?
                    Merts
                    Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                    Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• psproule
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                      A pedal booster device alters pedal response. That's all.
                      They have zero effect on turbo lag. How could they effect it?
                      Tend to agree.

Comment

• zoom
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Sydney

You MUST drive a vehicle with a throttle control before making opinions.

Comment

• Merts
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • Bendigo Vic

You must understand basic engine dynamics before making absurd claims which cannot be true. Turbo lag has absolutely nothing to do with pedal response.
                          Merts

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                          Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Comment

• zoom
                            • Apr 2017
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                            You must understand basic engine dynamics before making absurd claims which cannot be true. Turbo lag has absolutely nothing to do with pedal response.

Talk about absurd

Comment

• Merts
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2011
                              • Bendigo Vic

Talk about absurd
                              Perhaps you'd like to explain how a pedal amplifier can affect turbo lag? Bear in mind that turbo lag is the time between the demand for an increase in power (the throttle being opened) and the turbocharger(s) providing increased intake pressure, and hence increased power. Throttle lag occurs because turbochargers rely on the buildup of exhaust gas pressure to drive the turbine. The lag is there regardless of how hard or quickly you press the go pedal.
                              Merts

Comment

• Merts
                                Valued Member
                                • Nov 2011
                                • Bendigo Vic

One definitely does not have to experience everything prior to forming an opinion. For example, I have a strong opinion on what will happen if I jump out of an aircraft without a parachute. I'm not going to test the hypothesis because the logic is sound.
                                Merts

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X