X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rnn_onmt
    • May 2017
    • Freo ish

In general, Is there a filter for a WA owners, like a subgroup?

Running amok a bit with similar cars sounds good. I haven't used my NT in anger yet and am keen to do so. This long weekend looks to be ok.

Is this a tent/swag affair or camper trailerable? If thats a word? Lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rnn_onmt; 10-09-17, 09:44 AM. Reason: Misread initial post.

Comment

• Maximage
      • Mar 2013
      • Darch, Perth, WA

OK, so we have some more takers, 4 cars by the looks of it through a mate.

Looking like a Helena and Aurora Range run. Loose idea so far is meet Friday afternoon after work probably at Mundaring. Head out to Merredin for the caravan park so people can have a shower given most will be coming straight from work.

Sat AM have a walk around Merredin and buy some brekky. Head to Southern Cross for a pub lunch. Up to Koolyanobbing and out to Helena and Aurora Range.

Camp Sat night at the top of the range for an awesome view.

Explore some more Sunday in the area.

Here it will be a play by ear whether we end up heading down via Jaurdi Station (an old deserted sheep farm) and camping there, or popping out to Kalgoorlie for Sunday evening and Monday AM. Then high tail it home.

Attached Files
      SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Really want to head along but unfortunately the missus is heading over east and I'm left at home looking after the dog. Maybe next time!
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
          • May 2017
          • Freo ish

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
          there is a group of us going down to the brunswick tracks end of aug (26th I think) for an overnight trip if you are also interested
          Is that you lot on youtube? Looks like you guys had a good time.

Comment

• Maximage
            • Mar 2013
            • Darch, Perth, WA

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
            Is that you lot on youtube? Looks like you guys had a good time.

Nah, thats the Facebook group, Pajero Club WA. I have posted the trip up there though as well.
            SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
              Valued Member
              • May 2017
              • Sydney

That’s a great video. Anybody here on that trip? Do the petrol models cope generally as well as the TDs in those kind of situations? Saw a couple of V6s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                • May 2017
                • Freo ish

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                Nah, thats the Facebook group, Pajero Club WA. I have posted the trip up there though as well.
                I am not coming from a holier than though attitude. I personally hate Fboook.
                How do I join in with you lot or get asked or ask folk like you lot to get out n about in WA?

Comment

• Maximage
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Darch, Perth, WA

We don't really have a huge number of meets in WA through here, maybe one or two a year. I think the crew on FB have them much more regularly. You are more than welcome to join us on the long weekend, theres 5 cars going so far. Otherwise, someone usually posts up a link here when they feel like heading out.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

I'm heading for Sandy Cape tomorrow with another forumite if anyone is interested. See, the forum does work

Short notice, I know, but we only decided a couple of hours ago.
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Maximage
                      • Mar 2013
                      • Darch, Perth, WA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                      I'm heading for Sandy Cape tomorrow with another forumite if anyone is interested. See, the forum does work

Damn it, my sons 3rd birthday this weekend otherwise woulda taken you up on it, have never been and wanting to get up there.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                        • May 2017
                        • Freo ish

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                        We don't really have a huge number of meets in WA through here, maybe one or two a year. I think the crew on FB have them much more regularly. You are more than welcome to join us on the long weekend, theres 5 cars going so far. Otherwise, someone usually posts up a link here when they feel like heading out.
                        Cheers for that.

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                          • May 2017
                          • Freo ish

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post

Yeah cool. Love Sandy Cape. I have only been there once. Should be nice up there.

Comment

• stumagoo
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • Perth WA S.O.R

Yes that video is the WA FB based club. And yes I was on that trip, in fact I am the chap getting winched with 2 winches towards the end of the vid - broke both engine mounts and almost ended up with the engine in the radiator. ratchet strapped the engine back into place and nursed it home on sunday..... (no thats not a normal problem for us - my vehicle is a bit of a unique situation so dont let my bad luck put others off)

The v6's go pretty much as well as the diesels when compared like for like. We have a huge range of vehicles when it comes to mods, this trip we recommend a minimum of 2" lift due to the nature of the terrain but there was a couple of stockies there. through to a few with 3-4" of lift and dual lockers.

and not worried about people who dislike FB either. I try to post up some of our trips here as well (will try to do more if there is interest) - and unfortunately I can not make this one as I would love to meet some of the others on this page as well.
                            Last edited by stumagoo; 15-09-17, 09:16 AM.
                            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                            *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Rnn_onmt
                              • May 2017
                              • Freo ish

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                              Yes that video is the WA FB based club. And yes I was on that trip, in fact I am the chap getting winched with 2 winches towards the end of the vid - broke both engine mounts and almost ended up with the engine in the radiator. ratchet strapped the engine back into place and nursed it home on sunday..... (no thats not a normal problem for us - my vehicle is a bit of a unique situation so dont let my bad luck put others off)

The v6's go pretty much as well as the diesels when compared like for like. We have a huge range of vehicles when it comes to mods, this trip we recommend a minimum of 2" lift due to the nature of the terrain but there was a couple of stockies there. through to a few with 3-4" of lift and dual lockers.

and not worried about people who dislike FB either. I try to post up some of our trips here as well (will try to do more if there is interest) - and unfortunately I can not make this one as I would love to meet some of the others on this page as well.
                              Yeah nice one. Not for your predicament mind you but for future trips. Mine has 2" lift but no lockers. This is the most road biased 4wd I have had. It will be interesting to see what its capable of in this form.
                              We got it for the onroad comfort and towing camper through fire trails etc. Fit for purpose as goes the phrase.
                              I will keep it stock ish...

Comment

• stumagoo
                                Valued Member
                                • Jun 2014
                                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by Rnn_onmt View Post
                                Yeah nice one. Not for your predicament mind you but for future trips. Mine has 2" lift but no lockers. This is the most road biased 4wd I have had. It will be interesting to see what its capable of in this form.
                                We got it for the onroad comfort and towing camper through fire trails etc. Fit for purpose as goes the phrase.
                                I will keep it stock ish...

then you would have fitted in fine with over 50% of those who attended. Mine has an engine swap that had tension on the engine mounts - that is why they eventually failed but they lasted 40000 kms and many crazy runs off road so its my own fault for not correcting issues earlier (I always knew it was going to happen) and it also has some heavy suspension mods to help deal the IFS and lack of lockers.... of course I intend to get a front at the minimum so the suspension mods will only serve to help with the vehicle then.

As mentioned I do put up that we go out every now and then but the reality is we have something happening most every month. sometimes its a full on 4x4 offroad weekend others its a trip to the powerlines and next month there is an overnight trip to Willbinga to introduce people to snad dunes and beach tracks. As I said before if there is interest I am happy to start a WA based outing thread and put those trips onto it as well.
                                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X