Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 13-06-16

Default NT Front door seals

Hey Everyone!

I have a Dec 2010 NT RX, on some rough roads on over the weekend I notice quite a bit of movement in the top corner of the B pillar and if you hit a big enough bump the door will knock.. Looking at the door seal there isn't much to it and its very soft. Any ideas?

Myself I'm thinking new maybe aftermarket seals with a little more meat ans spring in them to stop the knocking.

I'm in Adelaide, does anyone know where I would go to get replacement door seals

Thanks in advance
| FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Old 13-06-16
Valued Member

The seals are soft in these cars.

Unsure about tailored seals, but Fitch may have something to help.
Old 13-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
The seals are soft in these cars.

Unsure about tailored seals, but Fitch may have something to help.

I thought about Fitch the rubber man... thought he wouldn't do seals for cars but might know who would
| FuelMaster filter & water trap | Dual Battery, Acdelco 82Ah | Redarc solenoid | Rhino Vortex Roof Racks | Adventure Kings Awening | Bright Blue Interior Lights | Engel 40lt | BT OB2II to Android Monitoring | Octane Tinting

Old 14-06-16
Valued Member

Your door is moving when you go over a big bump

Does the door hinges have much freeplay?
2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Xforce 3" exhaust, Electric brake controller, Lightforce 170 Striker spotlights, Cree broad beam light bar, Front bumper camera, Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.
Old 14-06-16
Valued Member

Worth noting these soft seals appear to get softer &/or lose some of their resilience as they age. Even going from a 3 year old Paj to a new one, I have to shut the doors with considerably more gusto! Also, the driver's door tends to get the most use & therefore wears faster than the others. If you can't find any other seals, it may be worth trying a new genuine seal -if too expensive, I wonder if Amayama sell them?

I wonder if you can adjust the door striker plate to tighten up the door, although this make it look a bit out of alignment?

However, I'd still ask Fitch first - they have so much stuff in there.

Last edited by spot01; 14-06-16 at 09:36 AM. Reason: more info
Old 14-06-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribble88 View Post
Your door is moving when you go over a big bump

Does the door hinges have much freeplay?

I think you might of taken the moving a little to literally, go to your Paj and push the top left corner while standing out side of your drivers door... that movement

Old 22-06-16

I've been having the same problem for years. The front doors actually do move slightly while driving and therefore make noise around the seals. My only solution is to regularly silicon spray the seals. Any better door seals on the market?
2011 NT platinum auto. Raised Lovells HD all round, bilstein shocks, 3 bushskinz plates, egr block, egr cooler removed, throttle body butterfly removed, optima blue top second battery, arb dual battery tray, ctek dual d250s, stebel horn, hankook dynapro muddies, dba 4000 t3 front rotors.