• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vladguan
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Adelaide

OK. Took a photo from above. The drain house sits between the body and the aluminium piping. Both are behind a heat shield. You will see the heat shield if you look from below.

Just drop the hose down first and then go underneath and wedge it between the large aluminium pipe and the wheel well body.

The hose is cable tied to the aluminium hose and the bash plates.

Please call me Vlad.
    -----------------------
    MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
      OK. Took a photo from above. The drain house sits between the body and the aluminium piping. Both are behind a heat shield. You will see the heat shield if you look from below.

Just drop the hose down first and then go underneath and wedge it between the large aluminium pipe and the wheel well body.

The hose is cable tied to the aluminium hose and the bash plates.

Excellent, thanks mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• brownegaz
        • Mar 2017
        • Perth

Provent Catch Can

Im finally getting around to fitting a Provent Catch Can to my NX thats done 37000km hopefully there hasn't been too much crap carried over to the intercooler and intake manifold.
        Ive made a bracket that fits under the air filter box so the catch can sits just above the turbo,If anyones interested I will attach photos when Ive finished.
        Next job is to fit a resistor to the MAP sensor thingy.
        I have my 2nd battery under the bonnet so there isn't a lot of room left to fit the catch can, I don't know where Im going to fit a second fuel filter.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

What sort of kilometres interval are you guys replacing your Provent filters at? Is there a manufacturer recommendation? Since every application will differ I assume if there is it would err on the side of caution. So what are you guys finding is the ideal interval?

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
            What sort of kilometres interval are you guys replacing your Provent filters at? Is there a manufacturer recommendation? Since every application will differ I assume if there is it would err on the side of caution. So what are you guys finding is the ideal interval?

My original provent filter has 50,000klms and is all good.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• raulitto
              • Jun 2019
              • Romania

Hi there. I'm new on this forum, as I just bought a 2016 SH Pajero. I want to install a Provent 200, but I'm a little bit concerned about one thing: I saw some videos where people were complaining about crankcase pressure problems after installing this thing (not on Pajero). Is this something to be concerned? Did you have bad experiences? There are users here that had the Provent 200 installed for some time now, so I think you should have a clear opinion by now.

I'm already convinced that the filtration offered by the Provent is real and is good for the engine, it's just that I'm afraid not to have a bad influence on the air system, as this is something intrusive, not considered by the development team when the engine was designed. Thank you for your replies.

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

The pressure drop across a properly installed quality catch can would be minuscule. Should not be any issues at all.
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• DrewXT
                  • Mar 2014
                  • Melbourne

Been running a provent 200 for over 50,000 on my Amarok with no issues

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• nj swb
                    Resident
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by raulitto View Post
                    Hi there. I'm new on this forum, as I just bought a 2016 SH Pajero. I want to install a Provent 200, but I'm a little bit concerned about one thing: I saw some videos where people were complaining about crankcase pressure problems after installing this thing (not on Pajero).
                    Were they genuine Provent catch cans, or one of the cheap copies?

Were they installed with large bore hoses and elbows, or small hoses and restrictive elbows?

Were they properly maintained i.e. filters changed / cleaned on a regular basis?

A genuine Provent installed with properly sized hoses and fittings, then properly maintained, won't cause crankcase ventilation problems.
                    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• raulitto
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Romania

Sorry for not replying in a while. In the meantime I managed to find a Provent 200 and install it. I'm very happy with the final result. There is not much oil for now, but as the cold weather came, I can see some oil combined with water (I guess condensation) which I'm glad it's not going in the engine anymore.

An interesting fact is that even if MANN is an European company and the ProVent was designed in Germany, it's almost impossible to find it in Europe. I barely found one in UK. And I had to build my own installing kit, as there is none available here. I tried to order one from Australia but somehow it got lost on the way, so after several weeks, amazon returned my money.

Comment

• vladguan
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by raulitto View Post
                        Sorry for not replying in a while. In the meantime I managed to find a Provent 200 and install it. I'm very happy with the final result. There is not much oil for now, but as the cold weather came, I can see some oil combined with water (I guess condensation) which I'm glad it's not going in the engine anymore.

An interesting fact is that even if MANN is an European company and the ProVent was designed in Germany, it's almost impossible to find it in Europe. I barely found one in UK. And I had to build my own installing kit, as there is none available here. I tried to order one from Australia but somehow it got lost on the way, so after several weeks, amazon returned my money.
                        Are there Isuzu trucks in Romania? They have a factory catch can that is very similar to the provent. Only difference is that the inlet/outlet are swapped
                        Please call me Vlad.
                        -----------------------
                        MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• raulitto
                          • Jun 2019
                          • Romania

Yes, there are. Thank you for this tip!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X