Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 19-08-19

Haha! No, I actually found it. I was doing something wrong and that was be patient. Turns out that when I was testing for the drain, I had to wait about 30 seconds for it to appear on the meter. I've ripped out all the wiring associated with anything that wasn't factory and I'm starting again. But yeah, glad it's solved, was doing my head in 😃

2001 NM 2.8L TD.

Wish list: Not enough space provided...
Old 07-11-19

Default Share

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenrot View Post
Problem solved!! My methods were correct after all. Turns out it was a short in the air con wiring. Thanks so much for all the advice!!

Can you share your findings? Which circuit?

Thanks!
Old 16-11-19

G'day mate,

Sure can.. there were two wires, both earth, from the stereo, previously installed before me, and the air con. I've installed a new 7" Pioneer DVD/ CD player moving the heater/ aircon down to where the storage tray was along with some new pioneer speakers and had the opportunity to clean up all the wiring and it was a mess to say the least! Then, realised the aircon fuse, was continually blowing so I checked that out and broken earth wire as well.
Anyway, all sorted now, aircon compressor replaced along with belts, gassed up with updated wiring and no more drain.

2001 NM 2.8L TD.

Wish list: Not enough space provided...
Old 29-03-20

Found this video which might help someone, it shows another way to locate parasitic drain.
https://youtu.be/lRcj1fQcWwU