• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
    I'm looking at the Drifta setup at the moment. It is 275mm high.
    Have a look at the attached pic, my DS40 only drops 265mm max from the top of the drawers, so you should have plenty of clearance.

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Naviguesser
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2013
      • Crib Point Vic

Thanks Steve. Been working in the Pilbara for a week so my viewing has been sporadic. Good info.

To just go off topic a little. After pricing everything up I am leaning toward making my own draws up, Did you do a thread on yours, I have seen most drawer threads, but can't see yours.
      MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
      ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
      TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
      Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Naviguesser
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Crib Point Vic

Its OK, you can ignore this blind bloke, just found your thread
        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
        TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
        Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
          Its OK, you can ignore this blind bloke, just found your thread
          No problem

I would make them a bit lighter the next time around, 12mm ply for the top and just use 6mm for the sides and have the drawers themselves bent up in aluminium. Doesn't take long to start stacking the weight on and the drop slides are damn heavy also.

I'd also use 1.6mm SHS instead of the heavier stuff, my welding skills are crap though, so went with the heavy wall tube.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Moroh
            • Dec 2012
            • Melbourne, Vic

I was having trouble deciding on how to configure the wiring from the plug to the fridge slide, length as well as having it not get caught up and damaged. And while I was looking through some photos on 4x4 Earth I came across this.

Genius little idea. Now I have something to do on the weekend.
            Attached Files
            2002 Pajero NM Exceed 3.5ltr Auto, Pioneer sound system with double din head unit, BFG KM2 265 75R16 tyres, Dynamic Wheels, ARB Deluxe Bar, tigerz11 12,000lbs electric winch, Dual Batteries, HD Lovells Springs, Bilstein Shocks, GME TX3100 UHF Radio, Custom Snorkel (GSE Rig Gear), Twin Rear Storage System (Affordable 4x4 Drawer Systems), Diff Breathers F/R and Auto Trans/Transfer, Milford Cargo Barrier, MSA DS50 Drop Slide, TJM F/R Pro Lockers, Dummy Tail brake lights activated, Tablet Mod.

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

After my initial problems with the DS-40 drop slide regarding rattles and the locking mechanism falling apart I am happy to report that on my recent 15,000km adventure on some of the roughest tracks and roads you can find. The slide has performed flawlessly. I just loctited everything including the locking mechanism when I put it back together and have had no problems since The slide was used multiple times daily with no issues.

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

Great to hear Steve..
                VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

1st thing after fitting the draws in the new rig I installed a new MSA slide:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
                  NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X