X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alben
    • Jul 2010
    • Victoria

Sounds like one of these or similar from redarc "keys on, lights on" http://www.redarc.com.au/products/pr...ts-controller/
    Just neef to find where it has been wired in and if it is already the model with the overide.

Cheers
    Ben
    2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by scribble88 View Post
      I know this is a stupid question, but I am going to ask it anyway.

Why do you want to disable to it ?

It is a great safety feature, makes you more visible to other motorists in daylight. If your concerned about the time it takes to come on at night, can you just turn the lights on before you startup.
      +1 Had the same unit fitted to my work vehicles for years. Great safety feature. Would turn on automatically 15 seconds after IGN turned on so the lights didnt draw power till car was running.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Doowrag
        • Jun 2008
        • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        +1 Had the same unit fitted to my work vehicles for years. Great safety feature. Would turn on automatically 15 seconds after IGN turned on so the lights didnt draw power till car was running.
        I wasn't worried about power usage or delayed turn on at night. Just thought you look silly driving around town with the your lights on in the middle of the day. You're making me think its probably not worth the hassle removing it though. Maybe i should just leave it. Jury is still out.

Thanks for all the replies.
        Absolutely loving the car!
        Last edited by Doowrag; 05-04-16, 03:01 PM.
        2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• bennyb29
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2015
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Doowrag View Post
          I wasn't worried about power usage or delayed turn on at night. Just thought you look silly driving around town with the your lights on in the middle of the day. You're making me think its probably not worth the hassle removing it though. Maybe i should just leave it. Jury is still out.

Thanks for all the replies.
          Absolutely loving the car!
          You might find it interesting that some manufacturers have designed their cars so that the headlamps are always on, even during the day. Probably to increase the visibility from a safety perspective. Modern day Jeeps are an example.
          Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• vladguan
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by bennyb29 View Post
            You might find it interesting that some manufacturers have designed their cars so that the headlamps are always on, even during the day. Probably to increase the visibility from a safety perspective. Modern day Jeeps are an example.
            That is because they did not bother to fit proper LED DRLs so use the lowbeams with reduced power during the day. They do have models that use LEDs for DRLs.
            Please call me Vlad.
            -----------------------
            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• underdog
              • Jan 2015
              • Campbelltown, NSW.

We'll after tracing as much wiring as I could and even pulling out the low beam and Parker fuses the lights will still not go off...WTF? It takes about 10seconds for the lights to come on after start up and then they are on until the engine stops.

When the car is not running I can turn the lights on and off just like normal with the ignition on.

I read on another forum that the ECU is reprogrammed to keep the lights on for mine spec compliance (it was for a commodore though). So off to see the sparky tomorrow or MM heavens forbid!

The vehicle isn't ex mines but it is mine spec.
              Let me know how you go mate. My pajero is an ex-fleet rental for a mining area so it has the same type of setup and the headlights drive me nuts. Particularly the buzzer that accompanies it and the handbrake haha, would be great if you could post up whatever you learn!
              2011 Pajero NW GL 3.2 Auto
              Bullbar, spotlights, twin wheel carrier, snorkel, spv, uhf, 3" lift, cargo barrier, bushskinz, 285/70/17 M/T, 2.5m awning, Waeco CFX40, DIY rear storage, drawers, fridge slide & dog floor, Intervolt EBI Pro, 105ah + 65ah batteries, 65L Abber tank & 12v pump.

Comment

• Doowrag
                • Jun 2008
                • Gympie Qld

So i have learned to live with the headlights on all the time but recently ive had a few people flash their lights at me during the day and i noticed the headlight light on the dash doesn't always turn on. i pulled up behind a car the other day and could see the reflection and they appeared to be flickering on and off. Doesnt always happen and it doesnt seem to be an issue when i manually turn the headlights on...

Local Auto lekky said an aftermarket unit could be fitted anywhere so he would need some time to search for it... not keen on paying for that just yet.

looks like im going to need to find this elusive unit and sort it out... will keep you all posted.
                2011 NT GLX - Hankooks, 2in Kings/Oztec, SmartBra, XTM Spotties, Warn XD9000, UHF, AutoMate, Ultraguage, Flat Rack, Awning, RedArc Dual Battery System... LOOKING TO BUY FACTORY SIDE STEPS...

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

So i have learned to live with the headlights on all the time but recently ive had a few people flash their lights at me during the day and i noticed the headlight light on the dash doesn't always turn on. i pulled up behind a car the other day and could see the reflection and they appeared to be flickering on and off. Doesnt always happen and it doesnt seem to be an issue when i manually turn the headlights on...

Local Auto lekky said an aftermarket unit could be fitted anywhere so he would need some time to search for it... not keen on paying for that just yet.

looks like im going to need to find this elusive unit and sort it out... will keep you all posted.

I wouldnt waste my money trying to turn it off. If people are so ignorant that they flash their lights at you whilst driving then heaven help the road toll. Every motorcycle for the last 10 years (or longer) has had to be fitted with a lights on all the time device. . One day, the lights on may just save you from an accident.
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Doowrag
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Gympie Qld

Can anyone tell me if this open plug behind the headlights is factory please? its the same on both sides. What would that be from?

Attached Files

Comment

• Doowrag
                      • Jun 2008
                      • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                      I wouldnt waste my money trying to turn it off. If people are so ignorant that they flash their lights at you whilst driving then heaven help the road toll. Every motorcycle for the last 10 years (or longer) has had to be fitted with a lights on all the time device. . One day, the lights on may just save you from an accident.
                      I agree but the issue i have now is they are not working unless i manually turn them on with the stalk. i think they are flashing like there's a loose wire or dodgy contact somewhere. Id like to find the unit and check the wires... i had a blown parker on the side that was flashing which ive replaced but they still arent coming on.

Ive done a full 180, initially wanted them off and now that theyre off i want to know why hahahaha

Comment

• SpanishForWhat?
                        • Mar 2016
                        • Perth

My NT was ex-mining rental, so it had an additional loom wired in (rather poorly) to do the same.
                        In my case it was just an RC circuit and a couple of MOSFETs attached to the wire inside the steering column, all wrapped in loom wrap and tape.
                        After nearly two years I finally pulled it out, but not before it appears to have caused some sort of long-term intermittent gremlin with my dash lighting that I still can't work out.
                        '11 NT GL

Service Manual for Gen 4 Pajero

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X