• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarecrow73
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Sheidow Park SA

ECU update

Not having had the Pajero serviced at a Mitsubishi dealer for a while now (1 year on Sat), was wondering if it's worth taking in to see if there are any ECU updates??

I spoke to a dealer today while getting some filters and they said it would take about an hour and "smoke the place out" as they also do a DPF burn. Does this sound right and is it worth getting done??? I have it booked in for tomorrow so any suggestions would be appreciated.
    SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
    2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

If you give a dealer the vin number he can tell you if there has been a flash upgrade since your last visit.

Comment

• jawk
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2009
      • Australia

Originally posted by scarecrow73 View Post
      Not having had the Pajero serviced at a Mitsubishi dealer for a while now (1 year on Sat), was wondering if it's worth taking in to see if there are any ECU updates??

I spoke to a dealer today while getting some filters and they said it would take about an hour and "smoke the place out" as they also do a DPF burn. Does this sound right and is it worth getting done??? I have it booked in for tomorrow so any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Yep sounds right - and yep was worth it from my perspective - made a difference. Got the next ECU flash and a "re-learn" of the injectors - whatever that means.

Cheers
      Gary

Comment

• TAXI
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by jawk View Post
        Yep sounds right - and yep was worth it from my perspective - made a difference. Got the next ECU flash and a "re-learn" of the injectors - whatever that means.

Cheers
        Gary
        Gary RE-LEARN of the injectors is reseting the injector system to latest factory settings so the fuel trim is correct and the vehicle is not running rich or lean.

Comment

• jawk
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2009
          • Australia

Thanks for that...
          Cheers
          Gary

Comment

• scarecrow73
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2008
            • Sheidow Park SA

For info, all went well re the ECU update. Dropped it off at 0900 at Southland Mitsubishi and collected it about 1130. There was an update for it but not sure what it involved. Total cost was $55 so pretty happy.

For info, while I was there I asked about the 105,000 km service which will be due in about 7,000 km. Cost will be about $450 but will supply my own oil (Penrite Enviro + 5W40). Seems that there are 2 x 15,000 km services which cost about $450 then a major service which is around the $1,200 mark.

With a planned oil change over the weekend (Penrite and Mitsi filter) and still 2 weeks holidays left, a bit of 4WD'ing is in order.
            SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
            2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X