• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

The Perfect Scan Tool

This scan tool will do everything from a regen to airbags and read all your sensors also MM specific codes and sensors that can’t be read with your basic tools.
    Video has been posted on FB of it working

Hope this helps everyone out

This is a game changer for the home mechanic, even a shop with out the equipment for our Pajero’s
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

Does it do,the Small Quantity Learning, or whatever it is called?
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by pharb View Post
      Does it do,the Small Quantity Learning, or whatever it is called?
      It's a code reading and clearing tool, so I would say no. Stoneman started another thread on it here:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Do you have the link for the FB video then?
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• swys42
          • Oct 2019
          • Aldinga Beach

Bringing up an old thread but icarsoft apparently dont work with older models. and A a Vident is recommended and can also do a injector recode and a pilot relearn.

Comment

• rgrubby
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2018
            • Wellington - NZ

Originally posted by swys42 View Post
            Bringing up an old thread but icarsoft apparently dont work with older models. and A a Vident is recommended and can also do a injector recode and a pilot relearn.
            Are you purchasing a Vident? I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it
            2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• swys42
              • Oct 2019
              • Aldinga Beach

Yeah im planning on buying this one next month, although now would be good as on sale for 10% discount:

Vident i705 is a professional scan tool for Mitsubishi and Nissan vehicles. It is a powerful OBDI / OBDII scan tool delivering in-depth all systems diagnostics, actuation, adaptation and programming! It is capable of diagnosing almost any trouble code from Engine, ABS, Airbag and transmission including many other chass

The seller said this one can do all functions including recoding and injector small quantity relearn.

Will feedback if i do buy this. There is another version that they recommended that do all brands "same as most mobile operators use" but its $975

Comment

• swys42
                • Oct 2019
                • Aldinga Beach

Hi all

I purchased unit and worked perfectly to do a relearn. And found extra codes that I'm not sure if I should worry or not.

Made a short video showing the menus etc. Relearn only took 3 mins

Anyone in South Adelaide I'll happily do it for a six pack my way
                showing option of a diagnostic scanner that can do the small quantity injector relearn. I've been told that you need a mutt but noticed this scanner can do i...

Comment

• JarradNS
                  • Aug 2020
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by swys42 View Post
                  Hi all

I purchased unit and worked perfectly to do a relearn. And found extra codes that I'm not sure if I should worry or not.

Made a short video showing the menus etc. Relearn only took 3 mins

Anyone in South Adelaide I'll happily do it for a six pack my way
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yv1yJRgqa0o
                  Does this Vident do DPF reset as well?

Comment

• ChrisNW
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Geelong

Hi swys42, it’s been a while since your original post. Thank you for the information you provided back then. Are you still happy with the scan tool? Cheers Chris
                    Last edited by ChrisNW; 12-04-21, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• swys42
                      • Oct 2019
                      • Aldinga Beach

Hi,

sorry for late reply, Yes still happy, Ive done the injecter relearn 3 times now without issues. and it does ready codes my scanguage dont pick up which is great.

I do think though that its probably not worth the $$ if you dont use it alot, would be great if there was a service where you can hire instead of buy. But im happy i have it , especiallly if i ever have something wrong again. I actually used it on a mates small Kia the other day and was able to read code too and help him locate the faulty fuse, didnt expect it to work on other vehicles.

Comment

• swys42
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Aldinga Beach

Originally posted by JarradNS View Post

Does this Vident do DPF reset as well?
                        It does have DPF options in the device yes, and there was an option to reset, but i cant test it for you as my DPF is faulty.

Comment

• Bruza1
                          • Jan 2021
                          • Western Australia

Hi has anyone used the i730 scanner to perform a small injector relearn? If so could go through the steps to setup for a relearn I just want to ensure I am heading down the correct menu route
                          cheers

Comment

• matcs
                            • Mar 2015
                            • Blue Mountains

Hi Bruza1, Here’s a video of a guy doing a relearn with the Vident i705au tool. Must be very similar…

https://youtu.be/yv1yJRgqa0o

Comment

• ST391GQ
                              • Apr 2021
                              • ORANGE NSW

Can this be used to keep an eye on Trans temps...exhaust temps ...etc.... while actually travelling with van on....or is it specifically a code reader and resetter only??

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X