• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wet Dingo
    • Jun 2018
    • Melbourne

Rack mounted lightbar

Hi Guys,

First Post on this forum!....was many years on GU Patrol forum, but she's gone to a new home.
    I bought my PS new last July, and have begun the process of upgrades. The next project is fitting a lightbar to my rhino rack. Question is......how are guys getting power upto the roof? I don't really want to go drilling holes in the metal just yet. Here's hoping there's a simple solution I'm not seeing.

Cheers
    (the Wet Dingo monikor relates to fun with jet-skis!)...The Wife calls me......when she wants something
  • orthodoxs
    • Mar 2018
    • Darwin

Originally posted by Wet Dingo View Post
    Hi Guys,

First Post on this forum!....was many years on GU Patrol forum, but she's gone to a new home.
    I bought my PS new last July, and have begun the process of upgrades. The next project is fitting a lightbar to my rhino rack. Question is......how are guys getting power upto the roof? I don't really want to go drilling holes in the metal just yet. Here's hoping there's a simple solution I'm not seeing.

Cheers
    (the Wet Dingo monikor relates to fun with jet-skis!)...The Wife calls me......when she wants something
    Having lived out west for a few years you realise how important good lights are if you have to travel anywhere at night. Those little buggers tend to wait in the shadows and jump out when it’…

This may be usefull to you, Dingo on skies

Comment

• gemster
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Gold Coast

I have seen some run their wires up through the Snorkel and exit with a waterproof grommet..

Gemster.....
      YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
      And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
      ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Wet Dingo
        • Jun 2018
        • Melbourne

Thanks orthodoxs,
        Had a look and I reckon thats the solution.
        i'll post some pics when it's done

Comment

• Wet Dingo
          • Jun 2018
          • Melbourne

Originally posted by gemster View Post
          I have seen some run their wires up through the Snorkel and exit with a waterproof grommet..

Gemster.....
          that would work, but no snorkel yet.....thats next!

Comment

• waz123
            • Feb 2017
            • Yarra Valley

I run my wires into the roof rails and then on the edge of the windscreen. My Stedi wiring harness has a nice black sheathing that fits very nicely into the 5-6mm gap beside the windscreen. Then it runs straight under the hood. You really don't notice it unless you know to look for it. A couple of daps of sikaflex or similar makes sure it doesn't move out of the gap at any speeds.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X