Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: NSW

Old 11-04-13

Default Wagga wagga

Im relatively new to wagga and was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good tracks?
Also if you know of any good fishing/ camping spots?

Cheers

Jack
Old 11-04-13
Valued Member

Locally, not much. There is a bit of fun to be had in some of the river reserves if you dont mind mud. There is also a bit of play space out in the forrest near Big Springs. The better stuff is up in the mountains. Most of the NSW side of the Snowys national park is padlocked but most of the pine plantations are state forrest and open. On the Batlow side of Blowering there is much adventure to be had in a day trip. Further south from Corryong it starts to get interesting as you are into the Vic High Country. A good day trip is up to the peak of Mt Pinnabar. All the snowy hydro dams are good for fishing / camping and there are lots of them. Our favourite is Khancoban but I'll have to kill you now that I have told you about it. Everything west of here is flat and boring until you hit Broken Hill.
Old 11-04-13

Hey Jackall, heaps of good river reserves around for fishing and camping. Grab a copy of Jamin Forbes book on fishing and camping the murrumbidgee. Lists all the reserves from Gundagai to Narrandera - well worth a read. Should be on the shelf at complete angler and probably also BCF.
Old 14-04-13
Valued Member

[QUOTE=Jackall;283866]Im relatively new to wagga and was wondering if anyone could tell me of any good tracks?
Also if you know of any good fishing/ camping spots?

There is a nice spot at Oura, free to camp, got toilets, can launch your boat or just camp right next to the river

David