Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Why wouldn't the Ivecko Daily 4x4 be a good thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

I saw a couple of Daily's when I was in Peterborough, one a dual cab and the other a single cab.
    They had the mags with big muddies, steel ute tray, lights, side steps, racking with roof top tent and the usual "look at me" bling that goes along with it all....but I still did not fancy trying to change a tyre on them..it would do my back in.
    Nice bit of kit though..

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Nab View Post
      I don't think so. Ignoring the cost, would you rather be touring in a 90grand 4wd or a sedan with a box trailer? I know which one I would rather be camping in...

Just because it's a lot of money to you doesn't mean it's a lot to them.

I see many of the glamping brigade travelling around and through up here in the tourist season. I still reckon many do it for the wank factor and they think flashy caravans/vehicles impress people. I,ve spoken to a few and money is their number one topic!. Met a couple of really nice people who drive the lower end on the scale set ups and these are the down to earth people that love travelling, dont whinge and will spend a bob or two in parks and towns. Even if I was given a $300,000 set up it would be on the market the next day. I prefer experiencing the bush rather than sitting in a van park lwith 5 o,clock drinkie poos the high light!!
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

90 grand....isnt that what a std 200 is over there?
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Bru9
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2014
          • Victoria

I don't think so. Ignoring the cost, would you rather be touring in a 90grand 4wd or a sedan with a box trailer? I know which one I would rather be camping in...

Just because it's a lot of money to you doesn't mean it's a lot to them.
          Most people I see with expensive new 4wds don't do much with them, the costs are so inflated & are plastic junk with numerous problems, limitations & endless maintenance. 90grand for plastic, two coats of orange peel & no solid axles is just a waste. I would only spend that kind of money if I was going to use it many times & year & over 30yr period.

The point I was making was I had a much better time in an old sedan & box trailer on private land. The hole touring thing is grossly overrated. There is less & less you can do in this country because at the end of the day real camping is being weeded out & is rare as horse & cart.
          2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
            Most people I see with expensive new 4wds don't do much with them, the costs are so inflated & are plastic junk with numerous problems, limitations & endless maintenance. 90grand for plastic, two coats of orange peel & no solid axles is just a waste. I would only spend that kind of money if I was going to use it many times & year & over 30yr period.

The point I was making was I had a much better time in an old sedan & box trailer on private land. The hole touring thing is grossly overrated. There is less & less you can do in this country because at the end of the day real camping is being weeded out & is rare as horse & cart.
            How do you know you had a better time? I went on an off-road trip 2 weeks ago alongside a 12month old Ranger and 18year old cruiser. Both of them had a bloody fantastic time, the cost of their cars didn’t make one enjoy it more than the other.

If you can’t justify spending the money, that’s fine. You may need to get 30years or constant use to see the value, that’s only because $90k is a lot of money to you.
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

How do you know you had a better time? I went on an off-road trip 2 weeks ago alongside a 12month old Ranger and 18year old cruiser. Both of them had a bloody fantastic time, the cost of their cars didn’t make one enjoy it more than the other.

If you can’t justify spending the money, that’s fine. You may need to get 30years or constant use to see the value, that’s only because $90k is a lot of money to you.

Wouldn't $90 grand be considered a lot of money by the big majority of people?
              Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Nab
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post

I would say so.
                  SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                  NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Nab
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2012
                    • Perth

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                    Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.

Correct.
                    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• styran
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                      Agree. You'd be pleasantly surprised at how much some of the builds that come out from Boss aluminium or patriot campers cost. Cost becomes quite subjective. And some of these guys actually use it as it's meant to based on their instagram accounts. At the end of day, spend money towards what makes you happy. It's not like we can take it all when we leave.

Comment

• Peterng
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Northern Rivers NSW

There have been a few reviews on this particular product...

Iveco Daily 4X4 (Ute): 2 out of 5 stars from 2 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au.

Just giving forum members a heads up, Iveco TrucksAU have joined the 4WD Iveco Daily -Fails & Lemons page to help us out with technical issues. Brakes & transfer cases are diabolical on these. All welcome , Owners, prospective buyers or just curious...

There are a few question about this vehicle in regards to these reviews, but a couple came into work with one that had a camper on the back.
                        Poor buggas
                        The couple are not happy...it is only 6 months old..just touched 10k...tally so far.. 1 front diff leaking, one cracked firewall and the "gearbox has its moments"...he paid big $$$$$$ + on roads, insurance etc, new straight off the lot and then got the camper on..

Comment

• Bru9
                          Valued Member
                          • Jun 2014
                          • Victoria

Originally posted by Peterng View Post
                          There have been a few reviews on this particular product...

Iveco Daily 4X4 (Ute): 2 out of 5 stars from 2 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au.

Just giving forum members a heads up, Iveco TrucksAU have joined the 4WD Iveco Daily -Fails & Lemons page to help us out with technical issues. Brakes & transfer cases are diabolical on these. All welcome , Owners, prospective buyers or just curious...

There are a few question about this vehicle in regards to these reviews, but a couple came into work with one that had a camper on the back.
                          Poor buggas
                          The couple are not happy...it is only 6 months old..just touched 10k...tally so far.. 1 front diff leaking, one cracked firewall and the "gearbox has its moments"...he paid big $$$$$$ + on roads, insurance etc, new straight off the lot and then got the camper on..
                          That story again just makes me wonder what is this world is coming to.. half of a 4wd is pure marketing & not designed for longterm offroad use. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Until Toyota make a real civilian 79 dualcab that can carry 800KG in tray over 1000's KM of corrugations with enough leg room in second row for adults I will never touch a new 4WD.

Comment

• Peterng
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Northern Rivers NSW

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
                            That story again just makes me wonder what is this world is coming to.. half of a 4wd is pure marketing & not designed for longterm offroad use. Life is too short for that nonsense.

Until Toyota make a real civilian 79 dualcab that can carry 800KG in tray over 1000's KM of corrugations with enough leg room in second row for adults I will never touch a new 4WD.
                            Yes, I have to agree with you there, but this is a conversation that I have been having with members of my 4wd club..

Comment

• Bru9
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2014
                              • Victoria

Setting the iveco up with a whole setup on the back to me is completely nuts, just how commercial touring is sickens me. Basically putting a caravan on the back. Might aswell be virtual outdoors. As if the stock vehicle alone didn't cost enough, all that work & money for a vehicle that probably will last just 15years of touring before it needs to be disposed of?

To me personally no matter what setup you can put on the back of the iveco costing hundreds of thousands, it won't come close to a good camper trailer which is a fraction of the cost.
                              also its said this thing will go anywhere, again really? Will it go in some serious rutty offroad tracks with all that setup routinely? My guess is within 100meters something will break costing 1000s.

My only interest with the this was to have a basic canopy, drifta style kitchen with all my gear thrown in the back for a mostly full external basecamp, for times when camper trailers can't be taken. Not even the 79 singlecab can do it. It's grossly outdated 1200KG payload is really only 700+ after the tray & alloy canopy are added.

No matter what you do, touring is far too professional & the actual real enjoyable camping is non existent.

Comment

• Dicko1
                                Valued Member
                                • Dec 2014
                                • Cairns, FNQ

[QUOTE=nj swb;592851]Yes, but that's not the point. For some people, it's not a lot of money, so they're quite happy to drop $90k (or much more) on a 4wd, then head towards the horizon and see where they end up. Having a brand new, state of the art, off road 4wd helps them enjoy their time - they're not spending all day every day worried about its depreciation. If it has Toyota badges it may not be depreciating that much anyway.[/QUOTE]

haha...Thats because the toyota tax at time of sale makes customers think they are getting value for money...
                                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X