• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nitram977
    • Mar 2008
    • Wollongong.NSW

2.5td cylinder head

Hi guys,

Im in the market for a 2.5td cylinder head. I wanted to reco my old one but has cracks in the precombustion chamber.

I am dubious about buying a complete assembled head from eBay due to quality concerns.

My question is: has anyone bought an eBay sourced head? Was it any good and if so which seller did you buy from?

Or do you know of any reputable reconditioners who can supply a recoed or new head for a reasonable cost?

Thank you,

Scott.
  • moose1178
    • Apr 2015
    • Wollongong, NSW

New Heads

I used Southern Engine Reconditioners down near Kembla Grange.

Not sure on a cost for just the heads, but my V6 was fully reconditioned with new heads for 5k.
    Very happy with their work and they also have a pretty good warranty. I have found a few mechanics around Wollongong use or recommend them for reconditioning too.
    NJ 4M40T 5spd. 32"s, TJM Steel Bar, Drivetech LED Bar, sheepskin seats and a pool ball gearknob.

(Sold on)'90 V6 5spd with: 2" lift, TJM bullbar, extractors, 31" A/T's.

Comment

• nitram977
      • Mar 2008
      • Wollongong.NSW

That's where my current head is. They are trying to find a new head for me at a reasonable cost.
      I've got another head on my other wreck which I am going to rip off it and give it to Southern Engine Reconditioners to do a health check on that one to see if its any better than the last.

They warned me off the ebay heads. Probably rightly so too.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X