Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: NSW

Old 09-02-15
Valued Member

Default The Gorge, NSW

HTML Code:
www.clarencegorge.com
Just came back from this place...a very surprising and interesting place.
I was there for 2 nights, but a week would have suited me...but alas, the modern world awaits...job, bills, kids, life's merry go round.
You are camping along the flood plain banks of the the upper reaches of the Clarence River on a functioning cattle property.
Family camping with young or teenage kids, a boyz weekend away, girls for that matter, couples, bird watches, adventurous kayakers...it's really a place of what you can make of it.
There is primarily river bank spots to camp, where low 4wd will be needed to access them.
The locations of the camp sites are good, for you can be k's away from your nearest camping neighbour.
This is NO repeat NO.. Big 4 camping joint.....5 star campers..forget it, unless you want to stay in the well appointed comfy cabin near the homestead.
It is a place for rudimentary basic self sufficiency camping, it's back to basics. There are a couple of porta loos dotted around the place...but it's best and quicker in some cases to use the dunny roll and shovel.
In reminding, this is a functioning cattle property, so livestock abound and all that goes with it. You may need to clear a away a few cows and their pats to set up camp.
No mobile coverage...you are off the grid...a place to get away from.... e v e r y t h i n g....chill and watch the world go by.
Watch the stars on a clear night, set a nice fire to cook by.
There is tag and release fishing, kayaking..bushwalking, swimming, guided 4wd tours.
The journey into the property has majestic scenery of the Clarence River and the surrounding rugged Australian bush..
Also don't forget to take your binoculars...it is a must.
I'll be back.
Old 10-02-15
Valued Member

I been there before. Top place and run by a truly top bloke.
NT 2010 GLX Police Pack, Auto 3.2 Diesel, Smartbar, Warn XD9000 Winch and Rear Diff Lock. Cooper AT3s on Factoty Alloys, 45mm lift TJM XGS GOLD front & rear, S/D with Poly air bags Rear and HD Front , Bushskinz I/C guard, TJM T/F Case And G/Box guards, Duel Battery setup with Redarc Isolator and Redarc electric brake controller.