Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 1 Week Ago

If said workshop replaced radiator, and did not advise to install the fan shroud at this stage, I would be finding a new workshop....
MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Falken MT01's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers
Old 1 Week Ago

Bought a shroud from a wreckers and it only required the top plastic part that goes over the fan; would need to disconnect top radiator hose to replace the whole shroud so didn't bother. Still the same results, even in 11 degree morning this morning. Really pissing me off now to be told that the issue was fixed but they're telling me that all their work is fine. Cheers to everyone for the info and help so far though, i think I'll take it to Wright street and see if there are any issues

Also noted that radiator core was 24mm, would 2mm make a big difference? The fan also engages as soon as the engine is turned on in the mornings, is that normal too?

Last edited by tomo88; 1 Week Ago at 12:55 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

For about $40 from Repco you can buy an IR digital thermometer with laser pointer.
Use this to check the coolant temperature is really 117C when the OBD2 is reading 117C. Sensor units do fail. Have you really got a problem or just a faulty signal?

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 1 Week Ago

Further to what Old Jack has said and given the issue persists, I'd be tempted to go for a aftermarket coolant temp gauge.

Pluming it into the return pipe on the radiator is not ideal for pin-point accurate temps, but its an easy and cheap (less than $100) way to get a second opinion on the coolant temp, whilst the car is driving and in real time.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Definitely get an after market temp gauge. Talking to my mate today, who owns an NS. He said he towed a tandem trailer with a few racing motorcycles on it and heaps of gear. Over 2 tonne. Going up a steep range his auto temp got to 115, water 105 and intake 130 degrees. No alarms and water temp gauge on the dash didn't even move! He uses an Ultragauge.

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more..
Old 1 Week Ago

Towed a 2 ton camper over the range at Cunningham Gap the other day, hit 111 degrees right before the top.
Normally sits rock solid on 88 to 89 and hits 92 or so on a big hill without the camper on it.