Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 04-09-15

Default Mmcs

Thanks for all this beaut info. I can,t be bothered going to all that trouble pulling the dash apart to get rid of my mmcs. The radio works. The blue tooth works. I only use the gps for finding addresses in the suburbs.going thru cities and towns I follow the signs.more accurate than any gps. And the camera works.
What I would like to do is connect a camera at the rear of my caravan into the existing system
With the info and wiring you have provided I might have a go.
Would need to run a multi core cable from dash to rear end. Find the feed from reverse to mmcs and be able to turn on camera without the reversing lights. At the back have a device to change over to second camera.
Do you think there,s a chance it might work or do I forget the whole idea.
Old 05-09-15
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruicky View Post
Thanks for all this beaut info. I can,t be bothered going to all that trouble pulling the dash apart to get rid of my mmcs. The radio works. The blue tooth works. I only use the gps for finding addresses in the suburbs.going thru cities and towns I follow the signs.more accurate than any gps. And the camera works.
What I would like to do is connect a camera at the rear of my caravan into the existing system
Would need to run a multi core cable from dash to rear end. Find the feed from reverse to mmcs and be able to turn on camera without the reversing lights. At the back have a device to change over to second camera.
There's not much that can't be done if you have enough money. What you propose shouldn't need too much.

On mine, there's a plug & socket for the camera inside the spare wheel carrier. I'd trawl the wreckers for a second camera, and extend the wiring so you can use the factory plug to swap between cameras inside the carrier. Then you would only need a simple switch somewhere to provide the "reverse" signal to the MMCS.

Possible problems:
Signal interference over the longer cable run could make the picture very fuzzy. I'd use a small coax cable to extend the white / light green video signal wires, but not sure where I'd find something small & flexible.
I would want a second plug & socket by the towball, so I could leave the cable up into the tyre carrier. The additional plug & socket could also contribute to loss of signal quality.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 05-09-15

Default Thank you nj swb

My original post was abridged. Another camera from a wreck would probably be the way to go. I plan to put a relay in a box in the wheel carrier to do the switching and control it with a switch at the dash. I will experiment with shielded twisted pair and co ax to the van to see which works best.
Will post results
Old 24-01-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruicky View Post
cruicky
Try this web site for a wireless camera that connects to the MMCS with minor mods.
http://ammsolutions.com.au/index.php...hk=1&Itemid=50
JMc
Old 26-06-16
Valued Member

Thanks nj swb for this thread- thanks to the info in the first post I was able to get the OEM (MMCS spec) reversing camera to work with an aftermarket headunit.

For anyone interested, I used this circuit diagram to make a power supply for the OEM camera - http://www.engineershed.com/?cat=7

With this I don't seem to have any loss of picture quality.

Once again thanks for 'pioneering' this nj

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Last edited by geopaj; 26-06-16 at 07:14 PM.
Old 28-06-16

Thanks for that link.

Was just about to install an aftermarket camera that would suit my android head unit but now i will make the existing camera work with it.

Old 29-06-16
Valued Member

I still have my MMCS, Sadly but I'm always interested in reading about changing it.

I recently put a Pioneer headunit in my Wifes Yaris & that came with a camera.
Wow, is that clear. After seeing tht one I think I might be more interested in how to make an after market camera look OME.

BTW, A Yaris has to be the easiest car to put a stereo into.

Steve
2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: SMART Winch Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Wiring Diagrams

Hi nj_swb

Thanks for the information, as I'm embarking on a similar project.
As the wiring diagrams have been blurred by PhotoBucket, I'm wondering if you'd be able to post the original diagrams in another form?
I'm having difficulty locating the camera video signals on the wiring connector and being able to see the diagram will help.
I'm using the white and light-green wires but so far no luck with the head unit recognising the signal.

Thanks
David
Old 1 Week Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMaynard100 View Post
Hi nj_swb

Thanks for the information, as I'm embarking on a similar project.
As the wiring diagrams have been blurred by PhotoBucket, I'm wondering if you'd be able to post the original diagrams in another form?
I'm having difficulty locating the camera video signals on the wiring connector and being able to see the diagram will help.
I'm using the white and light-green wires but so far no luck with the head unit recognising the signal.

Thanks
David
Images now hosted on this forum - so people will need to be logged in to see them.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

At least on my NW, (with just the screen in the rear-view mirror and no MMCS) I picked up the video feed in the right kick panel (next to driver's right foot)

(I think it's D221 - the 18pin connector)
Yellow is shield, white is signal (composite video)

Looks like it might be the same for MMCS vehicles

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reverse_camera_video.jpg (18.0 KB, 9 views)
MM Lockup mate. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with Light Force Spotties. Provent catch can. LED interior lights.