Below Nav Bar

Collapse

HPD catch can for NW - Instal picture please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sooby
    • Jan 2015
    • Canberra

HPD catch can for NW - Instal picture please.

Hello

I fitted a Chip Tuning catch can to my NW.

However, the bracket is not well designed and the can hits the master cylinder reservoir. (the long side of the bracket is too short).

I'd like to see a picture that shows how both sides of the HPD bracket bolts to the firewall please.

I want to see if the HPD bracket will bolt straight on as I hate drilling holes in my car.

I have attached a picture of the current setup.

Can M and M help?

Cheers
    Attached Files
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Hi Sooby,
    No drilling. Uses existing wiper motor and earth bolts.

Here are the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• twisted32
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Sooby View Post
      Hello

I fitted a Chip Tuning catch can to my NW.

However, the bracket is not well designed and the can hits the master cylinder reservoir. (the long side of the bracket is too short).

I'd like to see a picture that shows how both sides of the HPD bracket bolts to the firewall please.

I want to see if the HPD bracket will bolt straight on as I hate drilling holes in my car.

I have attached a picture of the current setup.

Can M and M help?

Cheers
      There is enough room (just) although I bought mine from western filters, but the brackets are probably very similar...
      I just made up a small L shaped bracket that bolts to the rear airbox mount and then to supplied bracket to stop induced vibration from engine through the hoses. Its tight, but can be done.
      MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Lando
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Lake Maquarie NSW

I did mine with the normal l bracket...trimmed it up and it uses the earth bolt only and fits snug up against the firewall...had to trim the engine cover though as one of my hoses goes straiggt under it

Much more room to get my hands and an oil filter strap in to open it
        MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• Sooby
          • Jan 2015
          • Canberra

Thanks all, and thanks for the pics M and M.

I assume that the nuts for the bolts that are used to fit the can are captive ones?

Also, looking at the left hand side (as viewed from the front) of the can there seems to a very tight fit to a pipe.

Did the can bolt in with good clearance all round?

Cheers

Comment

• m_and_m
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2010

That pipe is for the rear air con, and there is plenty of clearance.
            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
            Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Sooby
              • Jan 2015
              • Canberra

Thanks

I think I will be ordering one on Monday.

Comment

• Sooby
                • Jan 2015
                • Canberra

Thanks for all the help.

I had another think about the bracket.

I had a talk to my local mechanic and he made a longer bracket which gives good clearance to all the engine components.

All good now and I didn't have to fork out for another complete unit.

Cheers

Comment

• Vman
                  • Sep 2011
                  • Newcastle

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                  Hi Sooby,
                  No drilling. Uses existing wiper motor and earth bolts.

Here are the pics

Wow that is neat. Did you make that bracket or does it come as part of the kit? Catch can is my next modification...
                  2012 NW Activ - so much nicer than the old GU Pootrol!

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Vman View Post
                    Wow that is neat. Did you make that bracket or does it come as part of the kit? Catch can is my next modification...

Comes as part of the kit, but you need to let them know if you have a snorkel, as the can mounts in a different spot in the engine bay if not.

Comment

• terryfirma
                      • Oct 2007
                      • Clare S.A.

Here is a few pictures of my install of a HPD catch can in my 2011 NT.
                      I am very impressed with the quality of Manufacture of these units.
                      Fitted quite snug into the space using existing captive bolt

Cheers

Terry
                      Attached Files
                      NH Pajero 1993 3.0 V6 GLS with ARB Bullbar, HD Suspension 2" lift, Roof rack, cargo barrier, rear drawers, onboard air compressor, Mickey Thompson MTZ tyres, Hella Spot lights, UHF radio, GPS
                      ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Flappy Paddles, Auto Mate Torque Lock up Kit.

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by terryfirma View Post
                        Here is a few pictures of my install of a HPD catch can in my 2011 NT.
                        I am very impressed with the quality of Manufacture of these units.
                        Fitted quite snug into the space using existing captive bolt

Cheers

Terry
                        Thanks Terry. Now this thread has photos of both installations - standard (yours) and for a snorkel(mine)

Comment

• Colesy
                          • Mar 2008

EGR plate or chip / oil catch can ?

I was just driving back from Maryborough to Hervey Bay today in my NW, it was 37 deg and humid and very little wind, I was cruising on 95/100 in traffic and I looked down and I was averaging 8.9 L/100 which you might say is nothing special, but the thought entered my mind that I have done nothing to the engine ( EGR plate/chip/oil catch can) or anything else other than the recommended services and it performs as good if not better than the day I bought it, I have done just over 100,000km which has included a lot of caravaning, trips to Cape Yorke, Birdsville and down the Birdsville Track in fact when I think of it every mainland state in Australia and its also done its fair share of around town running.
                          So the question is would have I been any better off if I had done the said modifications ?
                          At this stage I don't think so, I will see what happens in the 100,000km
                          Last edited by Colesy; 19-01-17, 09:11 PM.
                          NW Platinum Diesel Auto MY12, Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Cargo Barrier,Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • doncaster east vic

Thought i would ask here rather than start a new thread, what size are the hose fittings?
                            Back from the Dark side
                            NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Lando
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2013
                              • Lake Maquarie NSW

My hose is 3/4 (19mm) hose that comes with the kit and it all fits perfectly
                              MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X