• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rendrag
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Central Coast, NSW

No warning light for 'no vacuum'?

Getting a seal on the @#$#$@# passenger side rocker cover is doing my head in, but I *think* I have it this time.. Anyway, started the car ready to take it for an hour-long drive last night to see if she was still leaking, and she was idling at 2krpm, with an occasional attempt to stall. And I couldn't get the darned front diff to stop flashing its lights at me. Should have twigged something was up, but it was freezing cold and I was over tired :-p

Wasn't till I got to the end of the block and put my foot on the brake that I realised exactly what was wrong.. - I'd left the big vacuum hose from the manifold to the pipe on the firewall disconnected! Pulling the car up was an interesting exercise in testing the handbrake (thank god we weren't in the missus commodore! - that would have disintegrated a brake shoe!) - once corrected, it got me wondering.. - Shouldn't there be a warning light on the dash?? It's been a crazy long time since I missed the booster hose when reassembling things, but I know my old '76 VW Passat had a warning light on the dash that came on if there was no vacuum to the brake booster.. Am I missing a warning light, or does the Paj just not consider that to be something you need to know about??

Cheers,

DG
    VK2TDG/VK2DGJ
    Dip.EE, Dip.IT, GradIEAust, Master Cabler
    '94 3.0L Pajero GLS
    '84 BMW K100RT Starship

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X