Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Removing Centre Console Step By Step Guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoJo Pajero
    • Aug 2016
    • Tullamarine

I removed mine on the weekend. Now after refitting the console I find I have no lights in the gear selection.
    What have I forgotten. There is one wire with a small blue bulb hanging around but that is not enough to light up the console

Comment

• 1533rl
      • Jun 2007
      • armadale wa

Refitting centre console

RoJo, there is a small white terminal block that has to be reconnected. You would have had to disconnect it to lift the piece of plastic from around the gear selector. It has caught me out before, so you have to lift the piece around the select levers again.
      Cheers
      Peter

Comment

• chrisall
        • Sep 2016
        • WA

Originally posted by RoJo Pajero View Post
        I removed mine on the weekend. Now after refitting the console I find I have no lights in the gear selection.
        What have I forgotten. There is one wire with a small blue bulb hanging around but that is not enough to light up the console
        If that blue bulb you have hanging around connects at the front RHS under the console its for the cig lighter or ashtray illumination.

If it connects at the back of the console it's for the transfer box lever illumination.

Cheers,
        2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• Smiderman
          • Mar 2013
          • Brisbane

Very detailed , great pics.... the 4 screws around the storage pockets explains why no amount of swearing and a flat blade screw driver couldnt remove it

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
            • Aug 2016
            • Tullamarine

Originally posted by chrisall View Post
            If that blue bulb you have hanging around connects at the front RHS under the console its for the cig lighter or ashtray illumination.

If it connects at the back of the console it's for the transfer box lever illumination.

Cheers,

Must be the ashtray. I removed mine to fit my uhf in there

Thanks

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
              • Aug 2016
              • Tullamarine

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
              RoJo, there is a small white terminal block that has to be reconnected. You would have had to disconnect it to lift the piece of plastic from around the gear selector. It has caught me out before, so you have to lift the piece around the select levers again.
              Cheers
              Peter

I was afraid of that

thanks

Comment

• cuzzybro
                • Mar 2016
                • perth wa

Awsome work king triton.

Comment

• theantnest
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Aussie expat in Spain

An old post, but a good one!

Thanks so much for making this.

Comment

• Stubbyhold3r
                    • Feb 2018
                    • NSW Far Sth Coast

Removing factory 2 din for aftermarket, and removing all the GPS and aftermarket hands free....following all the wiring, but have gotten to ONE wire that runs down under the console....out comes the console lol
                    Many MANY thanks king triton, this has saved me HEAPS of (precious) time

Something I've noticed reading all the comments....a couple have mentioned adjusting the handbrake from the back of the lever....PLEASE DON'T
                    ALWAYS adjust your handbrake at the wheels. The only time you touch the handbrake lever is if after you've adjusted the handbrake at the wheels, and you've found the cable has been stretched, or cable has snapped and you're replacing it
                    Virgin '05 NP Silver Platinum Edition - 3.8

Comment

• GHendo
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2012
                      • Northern NSW

Originally posted by Stubbyhold3r View Post
                      ....a couple have mentioned adjusting the handbrake from the back of the lever....PLEASE DON'T ALWAYS adjust your handbrake at the wheels. The only time you touch the handbrake lever is if after you've adjusted the handbrake at the wheels, and you've found the cable has been stretched, or cable has snapped and you're replacing it
                      Yeah you’re right, however you will find (or I have) that over time you’ll run out of adjustment at the wheels – ie. you make the adjustment there and the parking lever still comes up too far. That is when you have to pull the covers off the centre console and take up a bit of cable at the adjustment on the brake handle.

Cheers

Geoff
                      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• jackhays
                        • May 2013
                        • Adelaide

Great post King Triton!

I can't work out how to use search for more than one word in the forum so can anyone tell me if these instruction are close to what is needed to pull apart a MY16 GLX console?

I want to use the stupid "card holder" area to install a UHF DIN radio.

I'm guessing I may have to post this in the Gen 4 thread as well

Cheers
                        MY16 NX GLX, MM towbar and lift kit, HPD Catch Can, EGR mod, Bushskinz, ECB Alloy BullBar, Lovells/Bilstein 50mm, Bridgestone AT697

Comment

• GHendo
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • Northern NSW

If you type the following into GOOGLE SEARCH (as if you're searching the whole web) it might help ...

card holder site:www2.pajeroclub.com.au

Cheers

Geoff
                          03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• David V
                            • Jun 2017
                            • Bendigo

Great post!!!

Very helpful if we end up getting an NP and need access.

Thanks.
                            Previously - 2001 NM Auto 3.5
                            Now - 2007 Toyota Kluger
                            Wanting to return to the fold 😁

Comment

• Tronic72
                              • Jun 2014
                              • Kilsyth

Great post!

Great post!

One tiny thing I was a little unclear was the the 4WD lever actually spins and that was what you meant by "unscrew" the lever.

Thanks for taking the time to make this post.

Mark (Melbourne Australia)

Comment

• ItsAllNew
                                • Mar 2014
                                • Perth, WA

Guys..

Quick question.
                                Trying to get centre console out to replace cig lighter socket...

Used the offroad compressor to pump up tyres and after 10 minutes it stopped. Its the back of socket..

Following this great guide and I've taken two grub screws from bottom of gear leave but.. try as I might it wont come out. Don't want to pull so hard it breaks.. am i missing something?

Anyone else had this trouble and have any tips?

Thanks

Heath

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X