• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goo460
    • Mar 2017
    • Tamworth

Rattling Drivers Mirror

Hi Everyone,
    Has anyone got an annoying rattle in the drivers side mirror(NW).Seems to be the black cover not the mirror itself,has anyone got any idea if at all how to pull apart and fix if possible.Thanks in advance
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

There have been quite a few threads on this (can't remember how they fixed them) - try a search (use google - it works better than our search).
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Lazarus
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Melbourne, Western suburbs

there is a "hot fix" by MMA for this, you should go and see your local dealer
      NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank, GME XRS 370c.

Comment

• _jp_
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Adelaide Hills, SA

I got mine noted at my last service. The dealer said they will replace it under warranty and have ordered the parts. Currently on back order.
        NW GLXR - SOLD
        --------------
        EVO 6 TME

Comment

• Luca9
          • Apr 2018
          • Florida

If anyone knows what a decent dealer price should be, please let me know.

I'll be pretty upset if the dealer says something like $400.

__________________________________________________ __
          Life isn`t hard to manage when you`ve nothing to lose.
          All the best,Luca Software Development Companies Ukraine
          Last edited by Luca9; 17-08-18, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• nscheg75
            • Nov 2017
            • Noarlunga Downs

Originally posted by Goo460 View Post
            Hi Everyone,
            Has anyone got an annoying rattle in the drivers side mirror(NW).Seems to be the black cover not the mirror itself,has anyone got any idea if at all how to pull apart and fix if possible.Thanks in advance
            If It's still under warranty, get MM to fix it as a whole new mirror is just under $700. But, if you want to give it a crack yourself, refer attached
            Attached Files

Comment

• reciprovac
              • Jan 2011
              • broadford Victoria, Australia

side mirror

I bought a non genuine mirror from the wreckers at Gympie $300.
              I hope you have tried opening and closing the mirrors before deciding they are faulty.
              2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
              Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• BradPaj
                • Aug 2016
                • Canberra

Its a manufacturing defect - something about the casting in the base of the mirror that holds everything together.

I have had both side mirrors replaced under warranty on mine. Also onto my third rear door strut. Seal has failed on all 3 leaking oil all over rear bar.

In two years of ownership i have been back to the dealer 8 times with recalls and warranty issues......................

Comment

• Dunk
                  • Jan 2008
                  • melbourne

Originally posted by Goo460 View Post
                  Hi Everyone,
                  My drivers and passenger mirrors have that same bloody rattle have put a dab of silcone on them seems to have worked will post picture soon

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

Please do. Got the same rattle too now.
                    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• _jp_
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2013
                      • Adelaide Hills, SA

Originally posted by _jp_ View Post
                      I got mine noted at my last service. The dealer said they will replace it under warranty and have ordered the parts. Currently on back order.
                      Parts finally came in and I had my drivers mirror replaced under warranty yesterday. No more rattle!
                      NW GLXR - SOLD
                      --------------
                      EVO 6 TME

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X