• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordriver1
    • Aug 2011
    • adelaide

heater not blowing hot in nm

hi all. did a search, but no luck.
    my heater does not blow hot. Luke warm at best, worse when the a/c is on for demist.

im due for a coolant flush, when i do the timing belt next week, so that might help. if not then heater core replacement? any idea how hard it is to get out?

any help appreciated.

thanks all

scott
  • my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

Would be very hard to get out if anything like my NL, check if both heater hoses are getting hot, you may have to flush the heater core or the door in the heater box may not be opening.
    Rick
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• scorpion 42
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2011
      • London. uk

post thread

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
      Would be very hard to get out if anything like my NL, check if both heater hoses are getting hot, you may have to flush the heater core or the door in the heater box may not be opening.
      Rick
      Or the thermostat is on its way out, is the needle on the dash gauge reading in the middle section or down the bottom, barely showing any reading, if so, change the thermostat.

Comment

• fordriver1
        • Aug 2011
        • adelaide

nah temp is spot on, just below half. its always got to that and not changed. will change the thermostat while im doing the timing belt tho..

Comment

• scorpion 42
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2011
          • London. uk

post thread

Originally posted by fordriver1 View Post
          nah temp is spot on, just below half. its always got to that and not changed. will change the thermostat while im doing the timing belt tho..
          Ok then its has my pag says, off with the heater hoses, at the fire wall and with a garden hose, flush the heater matrix first one, drivers side pipe then passenger side pipe, till they run clear and clean, best of luck.

Comment

• scorpion 42
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2011
            • London. uk

post thread

Originally posted by fordriver1 View Post
            Ok do has my pag says, then uncouple both heater hoses, and flush the heater matrix with a garden hose, till full flow and clean, best of luck.

Comment

• Nmpaj
              • Dec 2011
              • Langwarrin

I had this exact problem in my paj,
              I have just had my heater core flushed and it has rectified the problem.
              Good luck!

Comment

• MTN-KAT
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Gold Coast

Hence the need to use the heater once a week, even in summer for 5 mins, so the heater core and hoses stay flushed. Same deal for the a/c in winter to keep seals lubricated in system so they don't dry out and leak gas. Cheers.
                99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• my.paj
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Tullamarine

The water flows through the core all the time on or off.
                  Rick
                  Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
                  New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Coolman
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Brisbane, QLD

Did you resolve this? I had the same issue in my NP. It was a broken plastic lever under the dash that controlled the vents. If I put my head in the driver seat floor and look up to the centre console I can see the dangling lever and where it needs to connect onto the control. Every now and then it just unclips. Annoying but easy fix.
                    Pajero Exceed 3.8l, BFG AT 275/70, Narva Ultima 175 spots, o2 Jamin with BT GPS, O'Briens camping trailer, 2" Lift with Bilsten Shocks.

Comment

• fordriver1
                      • Aug 2011
                      • adelaide

yeah its much better after a radiator flush. cheers all

Comment

• tuscanmotorist
                        • May 2010
                        • Brisbane

Arm problem

Had the exact same issue with my Paj. The little plastic arm falls off the heat distribution box. A somple tiny hole in the centre and a small ( very small ) screw spread the internal of the ball joint enough to hold it. Its been 3 years now so it must have worked.

Comment

• rvanhuys
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Cape Town

Originally posted by Coolman View Post
                          Did you resolve this? I had the same issue in my NP. It was a broken plastic lever under the dash that controlled the vents. If I put my head in the driver seat floor and look up to the centre console I can see the dangling lever and where it needs to connect onto the control. Every now and then it just unclips. Annoying but easy fix.

Thanks Coolman, came across your tip after being told by the workshop that did my last service that my car needs to spend a day with an A/C expert. Put my head on the floor as directed, saw the lever, popped it back and we're good

Comment

• gaz1
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Blue Mountains NSW

great outcome.....most, but not all, issues with NM cabin heating systems are not caused by a blocked heater core. The water circulates through the core all the time, irrespective of the heater settings. The temperature of the air is adjusted by mixing cool air with warm air that has passed through the core.
                            In the climate control models that mixing process is handled by small motors that move the flaps - ie more to go wrong.
                            2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• Having Fun
                              • Jun 2015
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Coolman View Post
                              Thank you!

Our problem was the heater sticking on a tiny bit - not nice on a hot day - your post pretty much resolved it.

But getting into a position where you can actually look up there from the driver's seat floor was the stuff contortionists are famous for!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X