• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbitchi
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Brisbane

Location in members Profile

Could it be made mandatory to fill in a location when joining the forum? It's annoying when a newbie comes along and says "Where can I get....." etc and doesn't give any indication of where they are from
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

And whilst on it, have your model/engine in your signature. The amount of questions posted where either location or model/engine is not quoted is beyond belief

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
      Could it be made mandatory to fill in a location when joining the forum? It's annoying when a newbie comes along and says "Where can I get....." etc and doesn't give any indication of where they are from
      Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      And whilst on it, have your model/engine in your signature. The amount of questions posted where either location or model/engine is not quoted is beyond belief

Shane.
      Sorry guys, no option in forum for either to be mandantary when doing user profile.
      Hope fully new registrations do the right thing.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Sorry guys, no option in forum for either to be mandantary when doing user profile.
        Dave
        That's the problem, they don't
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• hootnah
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2010
          • nunawading, vic.

good sense

that makes good sense. I, as a newbie also like to read as much info as possible in the forum and as such will try to give as much detail in my queries as possible. Once again this forum is invaluable! Cheers Jim.
          99 nl gls 3.5l auto full leather & woodgrain trim, leather seats, ABS, chrome rear bumper and mirrors, split aircon, standard 50mm factory body lift, dual airbags and 277,000 km on clock, tranny and engine oil coolers. NEW: Reconditioned heads, new camshafts, new radiator, new water pump, New timing belt and tensioner. Brand new set of LT 265/70/16 Maxxis Bravo 771 AT. NG 3.0 Litre 5 spd man superwagon as project. Now registered and on the dirt. NEEDED: MORE MONEY!

Comment

• Ian Johnston
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Mount Gambier, SA

hootnah, how about practicing what you preach.

I am in a few other forums, and the same problem comes up all the time.
            I actually got howled down in one by people saying it was an invasion of their privacy by filling in location etc details.

Surely a few questions could have a flag, or something along side them telling people that these have to be filled in.
            You end up with a thread twice as long as it needs to be with people asking "where are you, what vehicle/engine etc"

This is a great, valuable forum, that could be made better with common sense.
            2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
            Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
            2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• dbomba
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Homebase Sydney

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
              hootnah, how about practicing what you preach.

I am in a few other forums, and the same problem comes up all the time.
              I actually got howled down in one by people saying it was an invasion of their privacy by filling in location etc details.

Surely a few questions could have a flag, or something along side them telling people that these have to be filled in.
              You end up with a thread twice as long as it needs to be with people asking "where are you, what vehicle/engine etc"

This is a great, valuable forum, that could be made better with common sense.
              Totally in agreement with you.
              Formerlya NH and a NL GLS, both raised, Dual Batteries,
              Free wheeling hubs, Bullbars, Snorkels etc.

Recently picked up another NL that's knocked about. Might be a new project.

Comment

• Mitzified
                • Jan 2009
                • Elizabeth Sth Aus

Details below the line

Hi all
                I am wondering how to include the details of my car below the line as I see on many other peoples posts.
                Am I missing an instruction page or can somebody help me on this?
                Thanks everyone and congrats on a great site
                Lindsay
                Mothballed NJ GLX 2.8 tdi Auto isolated dual batteries Cargo Barrier with custom draws and fridge slider Poly air rear Manual front hubs Reversing Camera
                Badly over heated engine\
                Currantly driving Discovery 1 tdi with fruit

Comment

• bakerboy
                  "valued 3000+ member"
                  • May 2008
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Mitzified View Post
                  Hi all
                  I am wondering how to include the details of my car below the line as I see on many other peoples posts.
                  Am I missing an instruction page or can somebody help me on this?
                  Thanks everyone and congrats on a great site
                  Lindsay
                  in the top left hand corner is the user cp button, go in there and look for signature options or something along the lines
                  If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Mitzified
                    • Jan 2009
                    • Elizabeth Sth Aus

Thanks bakerboy!
                    Now that is what I was looking for I will update it as I progress
                    Thanks again
                    Cheers Lindsay
                    Mothballed NJ GLX 2.8 tdi Auto isolated dual batteries Cargo Barrier with custom draws and fridge slider Poly air rear Manual front hubs Reversing Camera
                    Badly over heated engine\
                    Currantly driving Discovery 1 tdi with fruit

Comment

• Rickie3
                      • May 2010
                      • Tassi

Dave
                      G,day Dave not being a smartarse just tryin to help, but I have had a bit to do with vbulletin software,I have done some work at VB.org and VBhackers.com, mate you can create user profile fields that are required when registering.
                      1. go to you AdminCP
                      2.Scroll down to User Profile Fields
                      3. Click
                      "Add New User Profile Field"
                      4. Select "Single-Line Text Box"
                      5. In Title put something like name your car type
                      "Description", descirbe your car
                      7. "Default value" something like your car type
                      8. "Max length of allowed user input" this is the amount of characters the user can put in maybe set it to 3-5000
                      9. "Display Size" leave as is
                      10."Display Order" leave as or change as to where you want it
                      11."Field Required" select YES that way new registration will require it to be filled out.
                      12.leave the rest to default.
                      13.you should see under the above something that says "Display Page"
                      choose where you want it displayed I leave mine at under userCP "Edit Profile" then hit Save.
                      have a play Dave you cant stuff it up mate hope this of some help
                      NM Pajero 02,Commonwealth Games LE,3.5L 5 speed, factory aloys, nudge bar, UHF, I love My car

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Much appreciated Rickie...all done.
                        Also did location!
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Rickie3
                          • May 2010
                          • Tassi

Much appreciated Rickie...all done.
                          Also did location!
                          Dave
                          Great stuff Dave, mate whilst your at it whats the chance of getting you to install the post thankyou hack? check it out http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=post+thankyou

I think it would be a great addition members can show their appreciation to posters, you will need to register, just register with your details you used to register with vbulletin.com if you need help just give me a yell
                          NM Pajero 02,Commonwealth Games LE,3.5L 5 speed, factory aloys, nudge bar, UHF, I love My car

Comment

• Ian Johnston
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • Mount Gambier, SA

Sorry to keep bringing this up, but can a mod ask nicely if people can upgrade their profiles with where they live?
                            It maybe fixed for newbys, but needs to be fixed for existing members.
                            Just frustrating having to ask unneeded questions all the time.
                            2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
                            Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
                            2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• Pickle
                              Administrator
                              • Jun 2007
                              • All over Oz

Can only ask them Ian. Can't enforce it!
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X