Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Call the Morons, idoits, dumb sh1ts, you choose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post
    I hope their insurance companies watch the footage!
    How could they miss it ... the video featured on national TV news last night - ha ha.

Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

It was my understanding, albeit before covid19, that not all of Stockton Beach was closed, just certain sections, including Tin City.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Your understanding is correct and mine was incorrect.

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

The voice-over on the video stated the beach was closed, but I shouldn't rely on a journalist to be correct.

Freezing the video at 1:15, it's definitely a Lexus, and the passenger airbag has inflated.

Oops!
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Two Emms
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2020
            • Mansfield, Vic

This kind of activity can sometimes result in a Darwin Award.
            (google it)
            2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Aspey
              • Dec 2015
              • Great Southern Land

It's not right that the actions of a few should be able to ruin it for everyone, should we all be banned from driving because a few idiots were speeding. We are loosing access to public spaces all over Australia by our over reaching governments. Just look at Vic, cant drive on any beach.
              NP VRX DID

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Blame the idiots like at Stockton not the government.

Ten minutes from my house are the foot of the Blue Mountains. There is a fire trail that was used by 4WDs until idiots went berserk in there so it was closed with massive sand rocks across the entrance.

Idiots, probably the same ones made a new entrance. That was also blocked. Recently another entrance has been made.

Wonder why most people dislike 4WDs and their drivers.

I

Comment

• Aspey
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Great Southern Land

It's disappointing and it ticks me off but personally I don't want nanny states taking away everything because of some idiots. We need access to the bush and beaches for our mental health. The gov locks us out because someone damaged the track or left rubbish behind but it's a cop out, it's grossly unfair to the majority who do the right thing and it's a lazy fix. I'm not talking about one or 2 tracks being closed but the push to lock out 4WD's, bush camping, fishing, hunting, fossicking, whatever. Enjoy it while we still can.
                  NP VRX DID

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

The morons in govt in Vic have just kicked the climbers off Mt Arapilies and the Greens would love nothing better than to kick us out of all the tracks in the high country. Never mind the fact that my 4WD club does clean work around Aberfeldy twice a year, camp hosting at Eildon and helps with Blaze Aid but hoons cut open the locked gates on the tracks closed over winter and they scream for banning all activity up there.

The Victorian Government uses the Aboriginal Heritage Act to safeguard a section of Mount Arapiles known as Taylors Rock, but the move has the climbing community worried.
                    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Two Emms
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2020
                      • Mansfield, Vic

I am not going near the decision to stop one group of people climbing over something which is sacred to another group, way too touchy.

But the closing of bush tracks because of the actions of a few knuckle heads frustrates me.
                      Living at the entrance to the Vic high country I see a constant stream of modded 4wds sporting 35s with tread that would suit a tractor heading for the tracks. I have no beef with big mud tyres but it is the way these morons rip up the place which makes it so easy for government to close so many tracks over winter to 'prevent damage'

Then these folk bleat on farcebook about the local police being too harsh because they got a ticket for having tyres five inches higher then standard that stick 3 inches out the sides!

Rant over
                      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                        I am not going near the decision to stop one group of people climbing over something which is sacred to another group, way too touchy.

But the closing of bush tracks because of the actions of a few knuckle heads frustrates me.
                        Living at the entrance to the Vic high country I see a constant stream of modded 4wds sporting 35s with tread that would suit a tractor heading for the tracks. I have no beef with big mud tyres but it is the way these morons rip up the place which makes it so easy for government to close so many tracks over winter to 'prevent damage'

Then these folk bleat on farcebook about the local police being too harsh because they got a ticket for having tyres five inches higher then standard that stick 3 inches out the sides!

Rant over
                        I agree. The same drivers who think more power / more wheel speed is the only way to tackle any track, and "technical driving" is for inferior vehicles. Occasionally, "point & shoot" might be the solution, but not on every occasion.
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Two Emms
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2020
                          • Mansfield, Vic

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                          Occasionally, "point & shoot" might be the solution.[1]:
                          It sure might be but that's bit extreme. Oh, you mean driving technique

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                            It sure might be but that's bit extreme. Oh, you mean driving technique
                            Yes. Otherwise, it would be "Sight & squeeze".

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pharb
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              I agree. The same drivers who think more power / more wheel speed is the only way to tackle any track, and "technical driving" is for inferior vehicles. Occasionally, "point & shoot" might be the solution, but not on every occasion.
                              And if the track is to easy with point and squirt with big tyres and lift have to make a more challenging track across country
                              PCOV Member 1107.
                              Daily driver NX GLX
                              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• KPJero
                                • May 2019
                                • QLD

Meh. Send it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X