• Show
Clear All
  • GOSSAMER
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • doncaster east vic

tassie

port arthur

alfa romeo the sydney to hobart winner wild oats must have cracked it as they came in, restocked and left before morning

cradle mountain

tassie devil

my daughter and i doing the flying fox thing. this is only a short one the longests is 400m and they estimate we would have cracked 80 to 90 kph
    Back from the Dark side
    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Luv Tassie. Nice photos as well dude
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Mitsi Lover
      • Aug 2009

Excellent photos JasonW
      I intend to do the Tassie thing soon, do you think about 3 months would be enough to have a look ??
      Did you camp and what was the weather like in December ?? Is that the best time of the year to go there ??

Comment

• GOSSAMER
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by Mitsi Lover View Post
        Excellent photos JasonW
        I intend to do the Tassie thing soon, do you think about 3 months would be enough to have a look ??
        Did you camp and what was the weather like in December ?? Is that the best time of the year to go there ??
        we did about 2 weeks and saw heaps but missed heaps as well. my brother lives there and we have been over a fair few times so we have seen some things previously. we did bicheno, georgetown, stanly, cradle mountain and strahan.
        so is 3 months enough? that depends on what you want to see and do. i would think 3 months is enough so see just about everything. the biggest driving day we had was about 4 1/2 hours but your driving past stuff and thinking next time ill stop there for a look.
        the weather was perfect some days were a little hot 34c but mostly it was in the mid 20's. cradle mountain got down to 8 in the morning but by lunch time it was up in the high teens
        we stayed in motels and cabins and that proved to be an expensive way to go but with 2 small kids it was the easiest
        i ended up with just over 800 photos with my new chrissy present (i was working on the digital camera theory that take 100 and 10 might be ok)
        jason
        Back from the Dark side
        NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Mitsi Lover
          • Aug 2009

Thanks
          Sonds ok then to go at xmas.
          What was the availability of cabins and motels at that time of the year ?? I normally camp but 8c may convince me to pay for accommodation.
          I never book anything so may have to invest in a better sleeping bag if I get caught !!

Comment

• GOSSAMER
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2008
            • doncaster east vic

we booked our accomodation a couple of months in advance and found some places booked out already. but thats going to happen when you stop at the main towns. we found some fantastic free camping spots along the bay of fires (near st helens) and safety beach (Freycinet National Park) the bay of fires we pulled up into a spot with nobody for a couple of hundred of meters walked 15 meters over a dune and saw this beach (no facilities though)
            Back from the Dark side

Comment

• AGOR
              • May 2009
              • Canberra

We did tassie over three weeks last month - basically a clockwise circut. We took the camper trailer and stayed in pre-booked caravan parks. At Cradle mountain we (thankfully) stayed in a cabin as it was 4 degrees for most of the time we were there.

During the hols it is best to book as the locals are also on holidays (especially at some of the out of the way places.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X