• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reelmick
    • Jun 2014
    • lake macquarie

engine check light

what can I do to cancel ECL ,on my 2014 challenger I had garage put scan gauge on to tell me it was the EGR valve,so I've removed and cleaned inlet manifold ,cleaned and checked valve and fitted blanking plate (with hole) disconnected battery couple of times and switched ign. of and on dozens of times. any hints so I can remove the black tape over light.
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

if you have removed and cleaned the intake manifold you obviously have a reasonable mechanical aptitude. It is not common practice on the PB PC Challenger to run a EGR blanking plate so I am wondering if this is your problem. Suggest you try removing the blanking plate then clear the code using a scan tool. If you want to stop the EGR from operating then the resistor mod to the #1 Air Temperature sensor is the best way to do this. Jay car resistor, bit of heat shrink, soldering iron, black insulation tape and 15 minutes of your time.

This thread gives you all the info you need;

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BMN
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2010
      • Perth WA

Originally posted by reelmick View Post
      what can I do to cancel ECL ,on my 2014 challenger I had garage put scan gauge on to tell me it was the EGR valve,so I've removed and cleaned inlet manifold ,cleaned and checked valve and fitted blanking plate (with hole) disconnected battery couple of times and switched ign. of and on dozens of times. any hints so I can remove the black tape over light.
      Sounds like your ECL was prior blanking plate ?. FWIW i run blanking plate with no hole and had no issues in 8 yrs. Get a service centre to clear code or buy a scangauge and do yourself or it does turn itself off after a number of starts. Not sure how many but i had one after an auto limp and prior to owning a scanguage and it took about a month to turn off.
      2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• reelmick
        • Jun 2014
        • lake macquarie

thanks for that i thought it was on forever ,plate was fitted on recomendation of the mechanic who put gauge on and cleared light for me (lasted 2kl) will try these replys .ps retired plant mechanic previous tappets and manifold jobs a snack.

Comment

• greig
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2010
          • kanwal

The bloke who had the scan gauge on it should have reset the code, but if it's too hard to return to him, try disconnecting the battery for 1 hr then trying again.

Comment

• BMN
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2010
            • Perth WA

Originally posted by greig View Post
            The bloke who had the scan gauge on it should have reset the code, but if it's too hard to return to him, try disconnecting the battery for 1 hr then trying again.
            Think i tryed overnight at the time with no success, but who knows different ECL different result.
            2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X