• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SINISTR
    • Sep 2009
    • Bennett Springs, Perth

Good, bad and ugly? 2009 XLS Challenger

Hi guys,

I’ve been on the forum for a while, owned a Triton at one stage - then moved to a landrover and BMW.. now looking at going back to a Mitsubishi - challenger or Pajero.

Local dealer has a 2009 XLS challenger he is willing to swap for my little Honda Civic.

My only worry is the 2.5L engine vs the 3.2l in a Pajero.

Lots of stories, issues people are experiencing with the motor and overbearing - otherwise a great and capable 4x4.

Can anyone tell me - If I buy this car - 140000km, and something happens, it overheats.. will I be covered by Mitsubishi? What steps do I have to take to be covered if any can be taken?
    If it’s had the water cap replaced, is that a good thing is still an engine waiting to explode?

Please let me know your thougts.

Thanks
    Mije
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by SINISTR View Post
    Hi guys,

I’ve been on the forum for a while, owned a Triton at one stage - then moved to a landrover and BMW.. now looking at going back to a Mitsubishi - challenger or Pajero.

Local dealer has a 2009 XLS challenger he is willing to swap for my little Honda Civic.

My only worry is the 2.5L engine vs the 3.2l in a Pajero.

Lots of stories, issues people are experiencing with the motor and overbearing - otherwise a great and capable 4x4.

Can anyone tell me - If I buy this car - 140000km, and something happens, it overheats.. will I be covered by Mitsubishi? What steps do I have to take to be covered if any can be taken?
    If it’s had the water cap replaced, is that a good thing is still an engine waiting to explode?

Please let me know your thougts.

Thanks
    Mije
    I am pretty sure if you buy from a dealer there is a 3 month Statutory Warranty if the vehicle is less the 10yrs old or 160k km ... being a 2009 vehicle haven't heard too many of them needing engine replacement and going on the km's should/would have happened by now ... check to see if the shocks are genuine as by that many km's you will be up for some new ones' ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• SINISTR
      • Sep 2009
      • Bennett Springs, Perth

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
      I am pretty sure if you buy from a dealer there is a 3 month Statutory Warranty if the vehicle is less the 10yrs old or 160k km ... being a 2009 vehicle haven't heard too many of them needing engine replacement and going on the km's should/would have happened by now ... check to see if the shocks are genuine as by that many km's you will be up for some new ones' ...

Thank you for replying. Was there a batch of certain bins that had the issue more than any of the others when you say 09 didn’t have many effected by this recall.

I’ll check the shocks and see if they have been replaced.

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by SINISTR View Post
        Thank you for replying. Was there a batch of certain bins that had the issue more than any of the others when you say 09 didn’t have many effected by this recall.

I’ll check the shocks and see if they have been replaced.
        what I have observed 2012-2014 seem to be the range most affected ...

NB also check the colour of the auto-transmission oil - (if she's dark red it needs a service) ..

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• SINISTR
          • Sep 2009
          • Bennett Springs, Perth

Bugger.. car got sold yesterday.. looked good.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X